PDA

View Full Version : Presidential debate 9pm tonight.

Lenny
10-08-2004, 07:37 PM
I'll be watching it over here at 6pm . :D

gcarter
10-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Just finished watching it and W did a fine job. :smash:

TuxedoPk
10-08-2004, 10:04 PM
It was nice to watch GW follow up on Cheney's success. I'll be voting for the president again but I don't agree with his position on stem cell research.

Rich

Fish boy
10-08-2004, 10:10 PM
It was nice to watch GW follow up on Cheney's success. I'll be voting for the president again but I don't agree with his position on stem cell research.

Rich

100% agree with you tux.

gcarter
10-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Uhh...guys.....the lady had it right in her statement/question.
Foetal stem cell solutions are hypothetical...while the alternative is a proven comodity.
If the hypothesis proves unworkable, what damage would have been dome?

TuxedoPk
10-08-2004, 10:29 PM
George, I'm not sure I understand your post.. Could you please rephrase it.

Rich
"Still not understanding why abortion is 'GOOD' and stem cell research bad"

Fish boy
10-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Hi George,

I missed the lady's statement so forgive me if I do not quite understand. Which alternative is the proven comodity? Was she saying that the promise that stem cell research holds is only hypothetical?
Thanks,

fish

PS sorry I did not get to spend more time talking to you in Sarasota (the boat started floating away from the beach), hope we can catch up in palatka.

Formula Jr
10-08-2004, 10:34 PM
I really liked Kerry pointing out that in this audience, only three people would probably be affected by eliminating the tax cut: Himself, President Bush and Charley Gibson. It was a good and very spirited debate either way. I'm not sure how the Federal Government is supposed to stimulate small business starts. In Oregon, God help you if you even think about starting one or try something different.

TuxedoPk
10-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I really liked Kerry pointing out that in this audience, only three people would probably be affected by eliminating the tax cut: Himself, President Bush and Charley Gibson.

I'll have to agree with Kerry that the likelyhood of a bunch of people still uninformed to the point of being undecided at this late a stage are probably low income earners.

Formula Jr
10-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Oh there's thing's that effect you Lenny.
Either we're going to totally mess up the good thing you guys have in Canada over Precription drug costs, or we're going to Totaly Mess up the Good Thing you guys have in Canada have over Prescription drug costs.

Its funny that they give t-shirts away like the beer companies. :hyper:

http://www.epud.net/%7Eowen/candrugs.jpg

TuxedoPk
10-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Neither candidate hit on the real solution- allow us to buy domestic drugs and pay for it with Canadian currency :)

Formula Jr
10-09-2004, 02:33 AM
NAFTA was signed by a Dem? Wasn't it? Just don't want them "little people" using that to their advantage now do we? Some how, something slipped through the cracks........ gotta fix that - people being sneaky and smart and all that. But lets take our time looking at the problem that 30% of the voter block is discovering. Life is unfair right now so get your own. The dollar store will sell you third world tooth paste. God knows whats in that stuff, or cayrons, or leaded dinerware, but thats Okay. The standards are international and there is hell to pay for the good guys here following some sort of code. I have now, three times, gone through airport security with my radio signaling key chain fob and checked luggage. Luggage that was off gasing spent firearms in them at one point. I was stopped once. In Holland. Five questions later I'm on the plane with the key fob. When Kerry says he wants to KILL terrorists, out right, it makes me wince. No You Moron! That has never worked out in the entire history of man kind unless you go back to roman days where they killed ALL the sons and salted the earth. There is some reason for their behavor. We have never examined that. We have to show the world that this is a cult that doesn't even follow the traditions of Islam. And that may mean more compassion then we are willing to deal with. Hey Mollas, do you guys think it cool to chop heads off if they have not broken a Law? You can't fight an idea with power unless you are willing to use overwhelming power that distroyes that culture completely. The sad case is the players are few that make this happen. Most of us have no vested interest. But people doing their regular thing will be the ones that die. Children died at the sanitation plant bombing......few people on 9/11 had any connection to what ever those highjackers thought was their political goal.

Are either of these candadates speaking to this? No, they are not.

I think all people have a right to be left alone if they are non-players.
We have killed alot of non-players. This just fuels the fire.
I can't look at paper headlines here. There is an old friend that is manning a gun on a Hum Vee down town Bag-Dad. It would be a crime to humanity if this English Teacher got killed.

gcarter
10-09-2004, 06:43 AM
Hi George,

I missed the lady's statement so forgive me if I do not quite understand. Which alternative is the proven comodity? Was she saying that the promise that stem cell research holds is only hypothetical?
Thanks,

fish
The lady read a statement and then asked Sen Kerry a question.
The jist of the statement was;
"Thousands of of people have been cured by the use of umbilical cord stem cells and adult stem cells, and no one has been cured with the use of fetal(sp?) stem cells. Would you allow the use of etc. etc. etc."
My point (and hers) is if the promise of research useing umbilical cord (every birth has one, doesn't it?) stem cells and adult stem cells is so great, do we need to be killing unborn children to prove a theory one way or the other?
According to material I've read, there is no greater promise useing fetal stem cells than others.
If you look at this closely, it seems there is an agenda being pushed(useing famous victims as mouth pieces) with miracles being promised if we would only legalize the production of fetuses for stem cell production.
Researchers in this area are widely divided on the need to use anything other than the stem cell sources we have in abundance
Now the president has backed the use of existing fetal stem cell lines (whatever that means) to further research in this disputed area. Shouldn't we be patient and see if there's a need to change the way we (as a nation) fundamentally view life?
Just my $0.02.
Hope you guys will still talk to me. :yes:

gcarter
10-09-2004, 07:05 AM
On a lighter note, the president looks 30 pounds overweight with a flack jacket on under his suit.

TuxedoPk
10-09-2004, 07:06 AM
George, it is quite possible that nothing further will be accomlished by that form of research, but then again the possiblility exists that a cure will be found that might not have using other forms of research.

My biggest ethical concern with supporting fetal stem cell research is the left wing using this in support of 'pro-choice'.

If pro-choice where to really work society should be able to reserve the right to abort until someone is 18 when we get a better feel whether we really want them around... but then the argument would shift to the liberals wanting to abort anyone who uttered the word God or elected to participate in school prayer :smash: Why is no simple matter ever simple?

TuxedoPk
10-09-2004, 07:07 AM
On a lighter note, the president looks 30 pounds overweight with a flack jacket on under his suit.

I much preferred the look of Clinton with 30 extra lbs of McDonalds under his jacket :)

mattyboy
10-09-2004, 08:25 AM
I got a 600 dollar check from GW, never did get one from slick willy, nor do i think Kerry will send one.
and either way I got to get up in the morning and go to work so my Gov can get it's vig

BUIZILLA
10-09-2004, 08:48 AM
I don't know if you guys have tried this, but it REALLY changes the focus of the debates if you listen to radio, and NOT watch on live TV. Last night I listened to the entire debate on XM in my truck while driving/towing back from Orlando. It changes the context of the mannerisms if you can't watch the candidates, but instead just completely focus on the issues/questions/answers by voice.

It makes an astounding difference.

Almost all of the direct questions to Kerry he redirected back to a prevbious question instead of answering what he was asked. Bush did it a couple times himself in rebuttal, but at least 2/3 of the direct questions to Kerry, went unanswered. Kerry's answer about his future taxation/burdening of 900,000 small business's as a revival plan was a fatal comment, when the question before he stated he was FOR small business leading the future, ain't gonna happen folks....

Maybe i'm just democrapic blind, but I just cannot understand why almost 50% of this country wants this guy. I'm more scared now for me, my family, and my business future, than the day after 9-11.

JH