PDA

View Full Version : Volvo T&T old style

MOP
10-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Doing one of my "Search & Glomb" missions gathering more goodies for my project I found a complete old style T&T, its at a buddies yard. It is "A Salt Unit" it looks to be in really good shape with not corrosion of any of the main parts (typical for Volvo) just the helmet is crappy, will need hoses and in checking out helmet the tiller bearing is shot. When I say complete they cut the whole transom section out so you get both the inner shield and the complete outer no drive. He says get me a fair offer, it was saved because it worked fine and did not have any leaks. I wanted to post a few pics, but the damn thing is to heavy to move to get much of a shot. It is located on Eastern Long Island.

10/11 was back today to better inspect unit, to me its a no brainer for anyone wanting trim and tilt for and older style Volvo, plus read last post I found a brand new on the shelf T&T mid section with all the linkage run don't walk!

MOP
10-11-2004, 01:58 PM
I got the fellow to give me a price today $150 that is a steal in anyones book. Like I said it is quite clean no corrosion etc. I am in contact with a member right now that is counting his pennies, I have to give him first shot. But if interested drop me a note, a deal on old style T&T like this does not come by very often!

MOP

MOP
10-12-2004, 02:17 PM
While skulking around looking for a Split Fire Ignition for Charlie(NS) I stumbled onto a New Never been used Volvo mid section for a T&T setup, yes it id dusty but absolutely MINT! guy wants $200 which id probably 1/8th the cost new! Now the puzz;e is complete.

I have to be honest I do not want to get involved in shipping or arrangements, but will get interested parties hooked up with the sellers.

Phil

DAULEY
10-12-2004, 03:07 PM
mop
ill take it please call me
thanks bob

MOP
10-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Just ran a number search on the mid section there is some mystery as to what may fit what. 250, 270 and 280 have different numbers. It may well be the same part Volvo did change numbers on identical parts with no rhyme or reason. I know many of you will say MOP should know, well not true. Volvo made the best drives and parts in the industry making them way better than Maytag, yeah I did a ton of bellows, some U joints 1 blown upper and 1 T&T problem way back. They are not like Merc and OMC which are an annuity for the dealers. Will try to resolve mystery in a few days!

MOP

MOP
10-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Today I was told that there is no special mid section that the drive mounts as normal and it trim on the pin in the pic. Here are couple of shots to help with your thoughts.

Phil

MOP
10-17-2004, 10:39 AM
sold!