PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned at Sarasota…

MissRepublican
10-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Since I’m probably the newest at this, I suppose I have the most to learn…so here goes….

Never pack for vacation at 3:00 am…
It sucks not to have a red name on your nametag…
Although the seats in the hot tub are rougher than sandpaper, the outside edge is slicker than snot.
Matthew had another call sign prior to “Digger”
Helicopters are cool, but it’s harder than sh*t not to stare at one when it’s 30 feet off the bow.
Which end of the boat is the bow.
Everyone but me had a party bruise….
It is easier to dock when Jefe, Woodsy, and Pete are on board.
You’re officially a “couple” when you have had your picture taken together…in the boat.
If you look helplessly at Jefe after Matthew says something incomprehensible about port and starboard and aft, Jefe will tell you where you are supposed to get off the boat.
This time, I really DID learn how to tie a knot. Tying a bumper thingy (another thing I learned…it’s not called a floatie!) to the bar on the back of the seat is just like tying up a horse.
Rafting is a good thing, but only when everyone involved has those bumper thingies. BIG bumper thingies.
That figure eight thingy on the metal thingy on the dock is just a couple of half hitches…more commonly known as “two wraps and a hooey”
Nobody I met knows how to tie a horse.
The 150-foot rule at Lake Winni isn’t a basic rule. It should be.
Going to bed early and missing the 3 a.m. drama doesn’t suck.
Hearing the party stories over breakfast is funny.
Flamingos aren’t always pink. The ones I saw were mostly white with pink asses. That is a horrible way to go through life.
If flamingos are pink because they eat shrimp, as Jefe says, then wouldn’t they turn pink starting at the beak and ENDING at the ass?
You know you have passed Aquatic Boat Parking 101 when your boyfriend is on the phone with his dad and tells YOU to go help Tim dock his boat.
Taking pictures of boats going 50 mph while you are also going 50 mph results in pictures of…the sky….
If you take 400 pictures, about 75 of them will be really good. Maybe less…

Team Jefe
10-07-2004, 07:42 AM
The things I “learned” in 'Sota.

1. What happens in 'Sota stays in 'Sota. There will be NO report on this trip. Those who were there already know. Those who missed it, need to come next year....it was "off the hook !"

2. AJ is great to have at these events. She raises the bar for everyone. Thanks Baby !

3. Mike Miller.....I love you man !

4. Digger & Darcy – Thanks for the ride on “best in show” Freedom II. Good friends and a great time, the coffee run was really special.

5. Fishboy and Budmann – WOW ! I can not say enough about your hospitality. The rides (land & sea), the camaraderie, the partying, the laughs, the stories, you both helped make this a very special trip and lasting memories. I can’t wait until our next adventure.

6. Winni Bandits – Woodsy, Princess, George, Bonsai, Pete, Mo..who did I forget, as always, it was great to see the home crew from Winni. As I always say “those of us FROM Laconia” had a great time. I am now officially a Winni Bandit – I got the t-shirt.

7. Dr. Dan - Amigo, it is always a pleasure to be in your company.

8. Dwight (air 22) – Congrats on “ honorable mention” in best customization. You have the cleanest ride I have ever seen….and believe me I’ve seen some clean rides….Dr. Dan.

9. ChromeGorrilla – Scott, the Sunday morning run is a lasting memory. 75 MPH in a brand new 22 on Glass in ‘Sota bay. I’m still smiling.

10. Tom & Tim – AWESOME ride back from Leverocks. Two 33ZX Daytona’s racing back to the docks. I loved every second and I know AJ did too.

11. Geo – George, Baby D said it “Ludicrous Speed” best customization, Nice work buddy, great boat, beautiful kids and……

12. ….Well, let’s talk about ALL the Donzi Girls. Ladies, thank you so very much. Lizard, you were sorely missed. Geo’s Heather…Legs for Days, and a smile that could melt your heart. Trikki Nikki………………………….um,……I can’t find the words…, but I need to sit at my desk for a few minutes…....can’t wait until we meet again. Crissy……Love the Red Bikini. Marcy (Starfish)…..wow, I think fish has got his hands full, shy and demure. I don’t think so ! Michelle….as nice as can be and she’s has a great personality too, CG did good….and all the rest that I didn’t get to spend enough time with. This obsession we have would not be as fun without you.

13. I’d also like to thank Mercury Racing and Donzi for showing up, supporting the rally and giving us a peek at the future.

That’s it for me. Lot’s of good memories and ready for next year. See y’all on the water.

From the frozen Yorkshire Midlands, 2.8 Nautical miles Southeast of the North Pole.

Digger
10-07-2004, 05:22 PM
In no particular order, things I learned

hotel bill for the weekend; about $650. having a Donzi event colocated with a regional AA meeting; priceless
Dr Dan, Cliff and Di, Dwight, and Geoo make great caravan teamates. Especially when I need to use BOTH of my spares.
Cliff needs a CB radio
If you're towing a 33ZX trying to keep up with a pack of 22's your truck will work harder than it ever has in its life.
biggest buzzkill; answering your cellphone and hearing on the other end someone ask in a businesslike tone "Is the Colonel available?"
biggest relief: realizing that caller is just Mike Miller screwing with you
biggest surprise: best of show. I'm so humbled by that I don't know where to start, there were so many other boats cleaner, faster, better, etc. Anyway, THANK YOU.
Mike Miller is a damn fine American. Thank you Mike, for all that you did. This guys works untold hours behind the scenes on everything big and small. And where was he Sunday afternoon? helping people wash their boats. Mike, I salute you.
GETOUTTATHAWATAH !!!!
the despair and digusted joke never gets old
Darcy (still in search of a Donzi callsign , btw) makes my life better in more ways than she could possibly imagine.
Madpoodle is another fine American. To wit: I call him selfishly hoping he can find me spare tires for my trailer after I use both spares because he is the only FL local I have a ph number for. Unbeknownst to me, Poodle is dealing with a busted truck, business challenges, and other logistic hassles too many to mention. He is supposed to leave for Sarasota the next AM and is NOWHERE near ready to go.... his response to my request? "sure dude, lemme make a couple calls Ill get back to ya" Poodle, thank you very much!
Swimming in the Gulf of Mexico off Freedom does not suck
three words: "buckets of beer"
Coors Light is damn good beer
seeing old friends and making new ones is what these events are all about
not looking at the helicopter during the photo shoot was damned hard for me to do.
thanks to Jefe and AV, Woodsy and the Princess, Pete and Mo, and Darcy for making Freedom's cockpit one of the funniest and fun places to be all weekend
also big thanks to Dr Dan and Dwight for hanging with me on the tow back North, which I must readily admit, was a pain in the ass
the run back from the lunch spot made me realize a long held dream: to recreate the boat chase scene from Live and Let Die!
not one second of the weekend sucked. Friday didn't suck at all. Saturday sucked even less than Friday. The non-suckage continued into Sunday.
I owe big thanks to Pete and Mo for getting Darcy to the airport
I also owe big thanks to Todd and Jill for helping me pull Freedom, you guys were awesome!
on the tow back North, there was a point that my body said "I don't care how many redbulls you pour down my throat, I am out of quarters"

see ya next year!!

BabyDonzi
10-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Dwayne really does have a "Big Yellow Banana", and it's pretty!

Beware! Razorback can shoot a pic from 400 yards!

A party is a party, even without Poodles fish dip!

"Ludicrus Speed" is not just a "phrase" you hear in the movies, it's a factual statement! Thanks Geo for the 106 mph ride!

Little George is a show stopper!

Once again, if you can't bring your Donzi, bring your wife!
Congratulations Pete and Mo on your one year engagement anniversary!

Ranya can sit on my bow anytime!

Mike and Judy are still the nicest people on the planet!

Scott Heidt is the worlds best first mate! I think he's considering a ZX?

Poodle owns more boats than should be legal!

Catch and his new lower unit need more time to become acquainted?

How many sand bars does it take to stop a Donzi? According to Lil Grizz, 5! Glad you made out OK!

Demi Moore is a Donzi girl! Thanks Heather!

Chasing helicopters in your Donzi is a blast!

A special thanks to Rick and Tom Costa for the tour of the Donzi factory on Monday!

And my favorite phrase of the weekend;
Jim, the man has a friggin rip cord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donzi Rally...............$1,268
Enjoying time with great friends............PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Miller, what can I say? Once again you have risen above and beyond the call of duty! Your hard work and dedication to this event year in and year out is a true testiment to the type of man that you are! Thanks to everyone who has helped Mike bring it all together into one nice and neat package!

I have to give Eric of EMS a special thank you, his hard work and expertise ensured that Baby would be happy!

Already booked for next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissRepublican
10-07-2004, 11:33 PM
A couple more things ...

ONE of the funniest things I've ever heard is Matthew saying, "GET OUTTA THA WADDAH"

Amanda moves faster in 4-inch F*** me pumps than most people do in tennis shoes!

If Woodsy ever quits his day job, he has a serious future as a hairdresser....

If anything is lurking in the briny deep of the Gulf, I have it on good authority that it will chomp Woodsy before it bothers with the rest of us...

Pete is addicted to Dunkin Donuts Coffee...and someone needs to tell Dunkin Donuts that they need a BIGGER BANNER so Mo can see it...thanks for the ride, guys!

The best part of the weekend was spending time with Matthew. The rest was just gravy...WFA WFA WFA!!!

George and Bonnie, it was great seeing you at the airport...thanks for the beer. The "dirt" on Digger is that he was worth waiting 36 years for...definitely a keeper!

DonziGirl Momo
10-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Thank you all for a great weekend. Not much of a tan on this end and no one at work was the wiser that while I called in "sick as hell" - I was livin it up in Florida with all of you!

"Da Man" Mike Miller really knows how to throw a party! I swear if Mike ever stops running this shin dig - I boycott!!

Guess I can add to the list of "things I learned" in Sara

* Darcy is a die hard Republican - HAVE NO DISCUSSIONS WITH HER IN THE POLITICAL RESPECT IF YOU ARE NOT! :)

* It's nice to educate people on the "stabbin cabin" and how to tell if it has been used before.... Darcy - I think I would actually just use a towel as well... not a big fan of salt myself

*When your donzi handle is too big to fit on the card - you get nuthin!

* Jetskis need to beware when there are crazy Donzi drivers around

* I learned how fast a lot of the men can actually run when a huge wave came in and tossed the boats every which way

*AJ is the life of a party - the best was probably her being hammered at 3am and sitting in the hottub with AA people discussing when they felt they hit rock bottom. (Jefe is pretty hot too!)

* Cliff and Diane - you had the right idea - longest trip down from Conn. but you left the baby down there and are going back down - when it's crappy up here - it's nice in Fl!

*If you want a sign - don't wait until sundown on Saturday - all gone...

* Dr. Dan's teal tissy CAN MOVE!!!

*Fly JetBlue - it rocks!

* Freedom is awesome - especially when Digger's in charge!

* Baby Donzi and Donzi Las are awesome people to ride with (2nd year in a row!) Thanks guys!

* There is that which does not suck, really doesn't suck and that which is high up on the doesn't suckometer.

* Donzi events are great places for engagements - the Mercury guy got engaged Friday night!

* If Pete wants a 33 .... and I disagree.... he keeps pushing it and pushing it and pushing it... I give up!

* Tim has a beautiful new big one.....

* AGAIN - the best time of the year

Thanks to everyone! It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Can't wait till next year!

MoMo (the homo who lies poorly; it's such a shame)

MissRepublican
10-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Two things, with a smile...

1. What is a "stabbin cabin"?

2. It is MUCH more fun to debate those who don't hold the same political position as one's own.

However, some people cannot debate unemotionally. I can, but I tend to be careful around those people I really like and whose company I really enjoy, because I don't know who might get angry. It's best for me to simply change topics. If you are interested in political debate, you can find me at www.freerepublic.com (http://www.freerepublic.com), www.redstate.org (http://www.redstate.org), or www.gopusa.com (http://www.gopusa.com).

sanleonkid
10-08-2004, 09:49 PM
1.) Itsthe inside of Capt. Stabbin's Yacht .......

undertaker
10-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Just wanted to thank Dr. Dan for letting me ride in his sweet classic all weekend.
George and Bonnie you guys are great, your stories were funny as hell, hope to see you guys at Lake Winni.
Dwight thanks for letting Crissy ride with Dr. Dan and myself that helicopter pic would have looked silly with two ugly guys by themselves (sorry Doc) and thanks to Ranya too. :biggrin.:
Maybe next year I will be able to get my family away from the Hyatt's pool :boggled: :boggled:
See ya next year maybe with a new ride :biggrin.:

Fish boy
10-10-2004, 10:31 AM
1. No matter what boat I take, I need budmann and a long rope to get home. Thanks again Bro!

2. The sound of Geoo's boat is sooooooo coooool!!!!

3. Just when you think Mike Miller is awesome, he out does himself and redefines the word...again.

4. Donzi Events are way too short; so many good people, and so little time.

5. Jogging at 6:30am after a night with Donzi folks is NOT a good idea.

6. A big block burns more gas than an Outboard, and sometimes 1/8th tank left really means NO GAS PERIOD. When in doubt, see number 1.

7. Did I mention how cool Geoo's boat is???

8. Poodle really had cool boats.

9. Buizilla does too.

10. Team Jefe (jeff and amanda) are awesome folks, can't wait to see ya'll agian.

11. A pack of Donzi's pulling in anywhere always draws a crowd.

12. Lamar will do anything to get a really good shot of someone's boat flying, even hang like the flying wulindas out of a helicopter.

finally, as previously mentioned, a donzi party hosted by Mike Miller in Florida is waaaay high up on the doesn't suck-o-meter!

Fish

ToonaFish
10-10-2004, 01:53 PM
1. No matter what boat I take, I need budmann and a long rope to get home. Thanks again Bro!
{snip}
5. Jogging at 6:30am after a night with Donzi folks is NOT a good idea.

1. Have you been to Pensacola lately?

5. You really need to come to Cumberland and suffer the hill. :shocking: Did you know there are muscles in your toes?

David O
10-10-2004, 05:29 PM

5. You really need to come to Cumberland and suffer the hill. :shocking: Did you know there are muscles in your toes?

:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Toona, I still don't have phone service yet from Ivan.
Consider yourself lucky

Fish boy
10-11-2004, 08:04 AM

No, not been to pensacola lately. And as far as the hill goes, I am over it. LOL ;) :embarasse