PDA

View Full Version : Victory trim tabs...mirror polished

martiniboat/ Brian Kamrath
10-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Hey all you Donzi connoisseurs! Even though I don't have a Donzi, these babies are mounted to a classic just the same :cool!: (1978 25' Martini)

This is the latest option for the Victory line. The parts (316 ss) are polished before they are introduced to the jig so it is a daunting task to say the least. I will also be offering a line polished version (brushed) with a protective clear powdercoat that will be a lot easier to maintain. However, from speaking with several of you I know that a little 'elbow grease' is no big deal. :biggrin:

Cheers to everyone! :beer:

Brian

Greg K
10-06-2004, 07:41 PM
:eek:
Fantastic...I know I've been waiting for these and know it's taken you time to get them to your satisfaction.

gcarter
10-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Brian, they look really good!
Congratulations on another wonderful product!
Well done! :)

farmer tx
10-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Brian, Those are great looking. Are they available for the single ram Bennets also?

10-07-2004, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the kind words fellas!

The mirror polished or brushed finish option will be available for all models in the Victory trim tab lineup. I've also done a few trim pump brackets with the same results. :eek!: :cool!:

I'm still working on the final pricing (read: hammering down) for the two finishes.

Cheers :beer:
Brian

P.S. Hey George, how's the project coming along?

gcarter
10-07-2004, 07:54 AM
P.S. Hey George, how's the project coming along?

Funny that you ask! See "Break's over" below.

harbormaster
10-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Brian,
once again another class act!!

Biskit
10-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Bought a set last year to replace my bent to hell Bennetts and what a difference. I then broke one of the bennett piston adjusters and regretfully left a little oil slick at my favorite local beach hangout. I decided to try a set of lenco worm gear adjusters bought from eastern marine for bennett replacement and further improved my setup. Highly recommended. The bIsKit

10-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Biskit, nice pic! I could use some just like that for a future 'customer's rides' section on my website.

I like the Lenco actuators too, they sure are a lot quicker than the hydraulic kits in that same price range.

How do you like the retrokit brackets for the Lencos to the Bennetts? Is it fairly stout? Well constructed? It sure looks to be a clean modification.

Brian

Biskit
10-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Brian: I'm not sure which brackets you are talking about? The lower brackets are the bennetts which pin to the lenco lower. The Lenco upper bracket is exactly the same as the bennetts. This setup is a Night and Day difference in response time, strength and reliability, and Flexability. I'd be happy to send pictures. This setup is fun in that I have alot more flexability with setting tabs and trim for getting the boat to cycle launch itself in flat water or run across the top of rougher water as if on railroad tracks. Really opened the horizons of what this old 18 will do. The bIsKiT

TBroccoli
10-07-2004, 03:45 PM
If you are in the market... Buy em. Brian's work is top shelf. I bought the trim pump bracket from him. All worked out great. Thanks Brian.

10-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Hey, no problem Tom, glad you like your bracket!

Biskit- re: lower bracket- Does the Lenco lower actuator mount fit tightly into the lower Bennett bracket like the original? I always wondered about that ever since I stumbled across Lencos retrofit ram.

Boat pictures? Send em' on over.... :smile:

martiniboat@wightman.ca

Thanks!

Brian

Biskit
10-08-2004, 10:14 AM
The fit is tight and the Lenco kit comes with extra pins to insure a tight fit. A little confusing on which length pins to use where but other than that an easy install. The bIsKiT

10-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the info Sig...and especially the pics you sent over...sweet ride. The scenery on that lake looks incredible too!

Brian