PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic vs 22 ZX: Which One

sanleonkid
10-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Now that I have absolutely fell in love with a Donzi (new 16) and the lifestyle that goes along with it. We stopped at a Wal-Mart in central Texas on the way home with the boat and three college girls were begging me for a ride. As my wife and son came up I suggested that they talk to the boss (Son)....

Anyway most of my cruising will be coastal. Is there a significant difference in the amount of wave that a ZX can take as compared to a Classic?

I was surprised at the smoothness of the 16 in a moderate shallow bay chop but Galveston is about 25 miles away across some of the big water and I will probably not be taking that route.

SO basic question..... for 2nd Donzi keeping the sizing the same.... maybe even some close to shore off-shore... Classic or ZX???

Thanks for taking time for a newbie to the group.

NEXTASEX
10-05-2004, 08:59 PM
For starters you don't sit on the floor on the floor on the zx's i think that helps some and i would assume your comparing a 22 classic to a 22ZX to keep things fair. The ZX has more freeboard also but the classics do handle well but i would have to give it to the ZX.