PDA

View Full Version : 70 miles of Ocean running today...What a BLAST !!!

Lenny
10-03-2004, 08:25 PM
This was fun. Man, what a blast. Learning how to surf the boat in large followings. Seems you can play/hammer the throttle and stay out of trouble. Even surfing steep, close following breakers (from a 550' ferry in a turn :eek: ) it was possible to get up on top of one and when it came to be dunked into the next one you could hit the throttle and get back up on the back of the next. GREAT practice. I had wondered how it would make out in that kind of situation but it is as good as ANY other boat I have run.

No worries. :)

Clear sunny day, warm out. I ran at about 2800-3000 (mostly) for about an hour straight into nowhere 35-40 miles (Gulf Islands) then filled her back up at a Gas dock to get a feel for the tank, fuel comsumption etc., as the guage doesn't work. Only burned
5-6 gallons. :)

On the way home it was mostly 3/4-full throttle as I knew I would make it.

I need more POWER, more speed, get it to Air out better, and... WAY more squirrley please :D

This will be my winter project. Oh, and those storage issues???, I find that the center storage locker holds 18 soft drinks ;) and two bags of ice fine. So what's the problem ?

MAN, what a blast !!! ...

boxy
10-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Sounds like a great day Lenny, I'm glad you are having fun...