PDA

View Full Version : Blackhauk Props ?

Cdog
10-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Need a set of blackhauk props or a fix?

Greg Maier
10-02-2004, 09:34 PM
I had the same problem a few years ago. I called merc and talked to the prop department. They said that you can have it rewelded, but in their experience, people had had little luck with the rewelding route. Merc said that chances are that it will recrack. If you look at the design of the BH props, the forward prop doesn't look like a surface prop. It looks like an enlarged Bravo III prop. On the other hand, the rear prop does have the heavy duty cleaver design that you expect from a surface prop. I have 2 sets of 31 pitch BH props, one set still in the factory boxes. Those props are going to stay with the drive. I would give Dave Bostic at Hoss Props a call. He makes custom Blackhawk Props. A set of 7 or 8 year old 31 pitch props in good condition could cost you as much as $1300, or you could spend $2400 for a brand new custom set from Dave that are both cryogenically treated and heat treated after manufacture. Something to think about. If I was in the market for some BH Props again, I think I would bite the bullet and go with the Hoss Props.