PDA

View Full Version : Formula Jr's post add on about wet stuff!

MOP
09-29-2004, 11:45 AM
CARS, TRUCKS ETC! The non reputable dealers are already humming about bucks to be made! I know a couple up here that are trucking junk up to resell as fine never been wets! They are extremely good at hiding past water damage even to the point of removing the seats and cleaning the guts up so if someone who has a bit of knowledge does not feel rust on the springs and slider parts. Any used deals on any vehicle should be checked very carefully, if you test drive a deal stop at a shop and have the rear end plug pulled as it is near impossible without complete disassembly to get all the water out so it will have a grey to whitish cast to the oil.

Formula Jr
09-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Good point Phil! There's going to be more on the market than just boats! RVs, Cycles, Quads, Planes etc. Look at that title real close for a florida history. Sea weed in the trunk isn't a good sign. :D

BUIZILLA
09-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Yesterday, I went to a Chevy store in Lake Worth to buy an extra 2003 Z71 GMC Xcab they had listed. Exact truck I needed for the shop...
I open the drivers door and see rusty pedals...hmmmm
I open the passenger door, and low and behold, water RUNS OUT of the door from a puddle on the passenger floor. Seems some lot-dimwit left a door or window open in the latest hurricane, and the truck filled up with water, sad part is this SAME truck I traced today by the VIN as being in Frances (WPB) and Charley (Clewiston), as well as Jeanne (WPB), on BOTH coasts at two different dealerships... in the last 50 days.
JH