PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota Rally: Wood in water alert!

Donzigo
09-28-2004, 06:57 PM
WOOD ALERT...............(It's Lake Cumberland all over again)

For those attending the Sarasota Rally, please be advised to keep a lookout for for wood in the water. With Hurricane Jeanne here last weekend, there's a lot of wood in the water, mostly in inland bays, where docks would have dis-inegrated during the storm. These pieces, some as long as 16 ft. can be floating just beneath the top of the water, with only a little bit peaking above the waves now and then.

I live on Boca Ciega Bay in St. Pete. i think my neighbors and I have fished out enough wood from the canal to build a house, and, the really big pieces, we couldn't take out. I guess they'll evenually float around and get to some beach somewhere.

Dr. Dan
09-28-2004, 08:40 PM
:wavey: Thanks For the Heads up....we went through similar massive debris when they opened the flood gates from the Susquehanna River. Trees washed into the upper bay....this was the Weekend of the "Rock the Bay Poker Run"....one guy sheared his drive off and sunk his small Scarab...he got towed back in...but what a shame.

:smash: I think thats why we are bringing Digger Down....we will follow him! :rolleyes:

See Ya In a Few Days......

Doc :wavey:

Cuda
09-28-2004, 08:52 PM
:wavey: Thanks For the Heads up....we went through similar massive debris when they opened the flood gates from the Susquehanna River. Trees washed into the upper bay....this was the Weekend of the "Rock the Bay Poker Run"....one guy sheared his drive off and sunk his small Scarab...he got towed back in...but what a shame.

:smash: I think thats why we are bringing Digger Down....we will follow him! :rolleyes:

See Ya In a Few Days......

Doc :wavey:

You going to use Digger as an icebreaker, or in this case a woodbreaker?? :)

RedDog
09-28-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm use to wood in the water in TN waters following a storm - I'll take a little floating debrie over hurricane winds and storm surges anytime... hope you coastal guys have a break coming up!

Digger
09-29-2004, 07:01 AM
will definitely be keeping a sharp lookout!