PDA

View Full Version : Handyman special trim tabs!

MOP
09-28-2004, 06:31 PM
A few weeks ago a buddy gave me an almost new Bennett pump he had changed out for K Planes, I shelved it in my treasure trove. Was all set to try a set of the big sport tabs, was poking around my stuff and remembered one 42" Bennett tab complete I had stashed for quite some time to use the S/S for what ever, mind got ticking today and about an hour with a Whiz wheel, small grinder and the big brake at my kids shop to turn the sides up I now have 11X12 tabs. I bought new rams and will make up a new harness to tie things together, need to unpack some stuff to hopefully find a couple of hermetically sealed center loaded aircraft switches I have stashed those and a Bennett interrupter and I am home free for about $125 :)

To coin a Buds phrase "Just because its old don't throw it away" Thanks Mr. Morgan!

Sagbay32
09-28-2004, 07:15 PM
I love a good "shoemaker" operation.

Mike

Tabman II
09-29-2004, 06:56 AM
MOP,

Way to go! It sounds like you have a very nice set of trim tabs for your vessel, but I was wondering if the kit still had the HPU Mounting Bracket (black "U" shaped glass reinforced nylon w/4 mounting holes) or not. If not, please contact me at trimtabs@earthlink.net (need your mailing address) and I will see about sending one to you at No Charge to help you out with the new installation!

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
MJ Thomas
Bennett Marine, Inc.
Client Services
trimtabs@earthlink.net
www.bennetttrimtabs.com

MOP
09-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Oh Oh I have been caught modifying your great product, having a metal shop in the family does help. From our past contacts you know I am 100% on your side. Being in the biz for more years than most are old I know the reliability and great support, it is "nothing new" both have always been way above the rest.
You must be a mind reader! The only thing I am missing is the bracket, I was thinking of fabbing it out of the S/S left over. But how can I refuse and not appreciate your offer. Many of the younger members are just starting to know of how good the Bennett's are, you guys will always be on top. I'll post some pics when done and film is developed.

A - P.S. For the youngins I have had 8 sets of Bennets over many years, the failures were to say minimal. The best I can remember, one broken ram doing air borne stuff, two solenoids and a few corroded connections (my fault) buy the best forget the rest!

And Mr. Thomas I will be indebted.

Phil

Tabman II
09-29-2004, 10:37 AM
MOP,

You are very welcome and it really is our pleasure to take care of our Client whenever possible! If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Sincerely,
TII

MOP
10-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Update! The plates are fininshed, used bronze rivits for a little different look. Still waiting for a few minor electric parts.
And again thank to Mr Thomas/Bennet I recieved the bracket for the pump.

Phil