PDA

View Full Version : Home theatre drooling material.

Moody Blu'
09-27-2004, 08:30 PM
I figured I would show you guys what I have been up to. I've been working in the hometheatre/design/Install industry. I made the switch from Professional engineering to this. the hours are way better and the money is abundant.

Now, I will be showing pictures for two home theatre rooms I Helped design, Wire and build. Along with sound proofing EXPERTs Cinema design they did all the acoustic walls, ceiling panels and seats In both rooms.

First up the florida room:

This room has 10 acoustic wall panels All made to look like a
3-d beach scene. This room had tile floor and was very noisy room before the panel install Its sounds like a room with rugs now. The system has two complete 5.1 surround sound systems capable of SACD audio play.this room currently has klipsch wall mount speakers and kef floor standing speakers.

Sorry for the blurry pictures the camera is very sensitive.

Moody Blu'
09-27-2004, 08:53 PM
This is a FULLY acousticly treated room. The ceiling walls and floor are treated. The whole room was treated with a sound barrier, its like a home theatre dynamat I think it took 6 rolls to fully cover the room.The floor for the four rear seats are on a FLOATING floor which minimizes bass cancelation and improves response int he room.

Now this is a Dual 7.1 SACD surround sound room, the left side has a full integra system wired with a Jamo THX speaker system. the right side has a full Marantz sound system with niles inwall HD speakers. both capable of SACD and 7.1 audio. Both systems go through a Scaler and are sent to a Farouja projector with a Draper 90" screen. both systems are controlled by a Elan VIA! touch screen located in between the lower two chairs. the lights are automatically controlled to change with the mode selected.

Enjoy

Surfer
09-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Very nice install, we do basically the same thing, except that I am on the commercial side, I design theaters on the 500 to 2000 seat scale. Is the residential market a good profit center, in the NE? In south Florida, there are very few pro designers, but there are a ton of home theater guys willing to give the stuff away.

McGary911
09-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Very cool. Moody, are those panels in the first install illuminated? from the pics, it really looks like a beach house....and this is coming from a guy who lives on the beach!...not one that nice tho. Guess the 'door' is an acoustic panel too, huh?

Nice.

Ed Donnelly
09-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Moody; read the posts twice very slowly, and I am happy to say I knew ONE word----Marantz.. It doesn't sound like the system would be very good for me though,as, I didn't see anything I could play my 8 tracks on....Ed

txtaz
09-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Quit making me want to spend more money. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Actually, I appreciate a good install. As for me, I'll stick with the big screen 5.1 Carver system. I had to breeze by the pictures, otherwise it would be "hymm, what if". Cool stuff.
Wes

Moody Blu'
09-30-2004, 08:23 AM
Very nice install, we do basically the same thing, except that I am on the commercial side, I design theaters on the 500 to 2000 seat scale. Is the residential market a good profit center, in the NE? In south Florida, there are very few pro designers, but there are a ton of home theater guys willing to give the stuff away.

I met some guys at the cedia convention in indianapollis from little home theatre(not sure where there based out of). they are pretty busy. there near miami though.

is that a runco motorized projector holder?

I met a guy from the west coast on my airplane back from san diego a while back and he does custom set ups for the GOV'T. for example they put like 20 lcd tv's together and make them one big screen etc. you know so they know status of there boats tanks etc....

mcgary, yea they are all acoutic panels.

txtaz, what if is a big question mark hmmm??? :biggrin:

ed,im sure someone could find a 8 track to hook up to it LOL

Surfer
09-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Moody, its a Draper lift / Digital 5gv projector. The projector is a beast (250lbs) I have found that the Sanyo line has about everything you ever need, including a 5K ansi projector that is about 50 lbs and 50K$ cheaper. The screen is custom perforated with JBL cinema series L/C/R and surrounds. This room won best "media room" by the Florida builders association in 2000.

Moody Blu'
10-01-2004, 08:11 AM
sweet man, congrats

GKricheldorf
10-01-2004, 09:31 AM
If you adjust your white balance on your camera to "cloudy" it will not leave the shutter open as long and reduce the blur. This works on digital or film cameras. It jusy bascially tells the camera how much light is available.

Moody Blu'
10-02-2004, 11:10 AM
yea this camera is just very sensitive :splat: