PDA

View Full Version : Need Help form the Computer Guys!

blackhawk
09-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Someone is trying to scam my brother big time through the internet and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to track this person down. The only thing he has is their e-mail address. Is there any way to track down their IP address from e-mails at all? Any other ideas on how to find out who this person is?

Thanks

txtaz
09-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Scott, There are ways of tracking the IP but the big problem is that the return email addy is most likely fake. Give us more info on how your brother is getting scammed and what the email addy is. I will check it out in the morning.
Wes

blackhawk
09-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Wes, I sent you a PM.

Thanks

blackhawk
09-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Thanks for your help Wes but it looks like it will be impossible to track this guy down. I can't believe how no one wants to help because he hasn't been ripped off YET. Unless you've already been ripped off no one cares. Then the guy is long gone! :banghead:

GKricheldorf
09-29-2004, 06:57 PM
What is the scam?

txtaz
09-29-2004, 10:39 PM
BlackHawk, I feel your pain. It's a shame our law enforcement is more reactive than proactive. I guess that's the nature of the game. I guess the best bet is to be protective of yourselves and loved ones, therefore no need to be reactive.
Good luck and let me know if I can help with anything else.
Wes