PDA

View Full Version : New Donzi Models (Sneak Peak)

harbormaster
09-27-2004, 03:24 PM
I have some sneak peeks of the 2005 1075 38ZR and new classic from Donzi Marine!

According to my factory insider the speed on the 1075 38 zr was over 120 mph before they ran out of prop

Digger
09-27-2004, 03:35 PM
giddyup!

p.s. Scot, any luck with those hats? thx!

1996Z15
09-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Is the red one a new 22'? I think I like it better with the traditional stripe but the rest of the boat is Hot!!!

Last Tango
09-27-2004, 07:00 PM
And does the spy know what lives under that big scoop?
Perhaps the 525 EFI?
I REALLY like red.

Greg K
09-27-2004, 07:43 PM
And does the spy know what lives under that big scoop?
Perhaps the 525 EFI?
I REALLY like red.

A 496 HO lies under the hatch. :smash:

mattyboy
09-27-2004, 08:30 PM
it's about time, red who woulda thought :eek: and a fairing not a weeenie shield, who needs a stripe :cool!: :cool!:

I"M IN LUST ALL OVER AGAIN
sorry got to go somethings come up!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Marie where's the check book

that boat is awesome

boxy
09-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey there are my #6's :D :D

ToonaFish
09-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Dear Santa,

I have been a very very good girl this year. (Working on the rest... I just know that 22 will fit down my chimney.)

Bunches,

Celene

gold-n-rod
09-27-2004, 08:51 PM
Is that a notch (step) in the last 12" of the bottom of that beeyootifull red 22?

If so, what does it do?

another Randy

gold-n-rod
09-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Dear Santa,

I have been a very very good girl this year. (Working on the rest... I just know that 22 will fit down my chimney.)

Bunches,

CeleneHaven't you heard? Santa's a lousy lover. He only comes once a year and then, it's down your chimney.

:eek:

another Randy

roadtrip se
09-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Dang that is nice!

I agree with Mark, why all that fancy h-ware for a 496HO?

Todd
"Looking for a ride at the Rally next weekend!"

Tony
09-27-2004, 09:17 PM
With that black trim (rubber?) under the rubrail, I think a black deck stripe would look way cool, coupled with some black piping on the upholstery, black accents on the dash, and a black wheel. Similar to the all yellow anniversary 22, I think you can have too much of one color...imho. That being said, of course, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers!

mattyboy
09-27-2004, 09:44 PM
from the pics of the dash it looks to be an AE !!! :smile:

Mark Albers
09-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Donzi Aficionados ;)

The new Classic is freaking awesome
Bryant your input/design is first class
The air intake looks 10 times better in person

Thanks Donzi for raising the bar !!!

Mark :cool!:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close the factory and far from a dream )

roadtrip se
09-28-2004, 08:24 AM
to replace my white, cheesy plastic one. I have looked all over for the stainless version to match the hole and shape already in my deck...

Very cool interior on that AE too, by the way. Is it still snap in? Looks like they manged to find some chrome steering wheel bezels too. The detailing on this boat looks very well thought out. Imagine you could go stock on the hatch, if you didn't really need the hood scoop clearance.

Donzi has made incredible enhancements to the Classics over the past few years. Better gauges, better gel work with less vinyl, more engine options, more special editions, and definitely more of a custom attitude. I like it!

Todd
"Packing a few tools and some dark clothes for Sarasota"

Trueser
09-28-2004, 09:19 AM
Scot,
Do you have some better pictures of the seating on the 22?

Thanks
Mike

nauti-props
09-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Did you see the new 35 ZXR?

Speed-Racer
09-28-2004, 03:02 PM
WOW the 22' looks awesome!! For me though DONZI across the windshield, and a vintage steering wheel(the 3 spoke one with holes)......that ZR :eek: is gonna blow others outta the water!! Breaking Reggie's record would be sweet...

boxy
09-29-2004, 08:09 AM
Dang that is nice!

I agree with Mark, why all that fancy h-ware for a 496HO?

Todd

Trip, careful what you wish for, word from the dock this morning was 76 with the 496, it won't take an HP500 to tickle 80 :D

Barry Phillips
10-01-2004, 08:24 AM
I must confess, I‘m not completely taken with this boat. The detailing is great, I like the carbon fiber on chrome gauges, the vintage looking toggles switches give the dash a race, no bull#### look. These details alone would have given the Anniversary Edition boat a true retro feel. I would like to see the lifting rings put back and I'm not crazy about the cleat behind the bow light. I put the same slim line cleats on my 22, 6" in the stern and 4" a mid ships just aft of windshield pillar and they are both functional and good looking. The front seats look like the ones used in the X-18 and I miss the tuck and roll. Although the interior looks good.

I'm not sure I see the point of the air intake for a standard 496HO. The fairing is OK, although I still prefer the look of a windshield. Every sport boat produced today is using a fairing, including the boy racer 20’ Baja Outlaw. Again the fairing on the X18 was a lot better executed, but I guess that would require retooling the deck. I recently saw a fairly vintage Cigarette with a similar looking fairing, the difference being Cigarette mounted a stainless grab rail behind it with plexi wind screens attached to the rail, a cool, functional look.

Another nice detail is the raised Donzi decals, which are showing up on a lot of the new boats, but again I miss the flag and the insignia shields. It looks like Donzi finally raised the passenger grab handle where it it's more useful. And Donzi please lose the standard Bennett trim tabs, black dual ram sports tabs should be standard on all 22s, especially on the Aronow Edition, mini K-Plains even better. The jury is out on the rear air intakes.

Donzi deserves an A for effort for this boat, but I think taken as a whole is looks like a pocket off shore boat, lacking the elegance of a the traditional Classic 22. Several years ago at one of our LGDC club meets Mike Miller was hinting that a larger Aronow Edition Classic could be in Donzi’s future. This off shore look would have made a lot more sense in a larger boat, and given traditional Classic enthusiast a boat to upgrade to. Again I congratulate Donzi on producing limited edition Classics over the last few years, the most serious of which, although pricey, being the SE. I can't wait to see the Aronow Edition in person.

chip w
10-01-2004, 09:37 AM
yup, that's a droll ring on the collar of my shirt!!!:)

JimG
10-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Gorgeous!

But... who in their right mind would want an all-red boat? :tongue:

JimG

Shanghied Again
10-01-2004, 12:07 PM
I had a great time, the 22 ran 74mph and I told Donzi the boat needs a front stripe are the Donzi Emblem from the 40th anniversary addition.

harbormaster
10-01-2004, 12:38 PM
I posted a photo album in the photo galleried with alot more photos. Feel free to add more to them.

Barry Phillips
10-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Good for you Frank, the strip is a good idea. Not to be "hum" long winded, Donzi used chrome horn and helem covers prior to 99. The white and black helem covers on the current Classics sometimes look out of place with colored interior gelcoats for instance the honey. I forgot to mention the cool hatch hold downs, very retro. I would not harb on the monchrome color skeam to much, because I think Donzi will give you what you want, just write the check. Donzi might look pretty cool across the front of the fairing though. Keep us posted when the X22 and the 35ZR due the boat show circuit. Will they appear in Maryland in a few weeks.

RickSE
10-05-2004, 07:03 PM
I like most of whats on the Red AE-22. I think it would look cleaner though without the hatch scoop and I'm on the fence about the seats & windscreen.

When is Donzi going to do it right and find someone who can fabricate the previous stainless windshield? Everything after 2002 has been half-assed. This windscreen is OK and should be an option but they need to bring back the stainless piece.

Oh and BTW, Donzi will not build a 22-Classic with a HP525EFI. We tried and got a big "NO", too much liability. With the HP500EFI going away all thats left for big power is the 496MAG-HO. :frown:

Barry Phillips
10-08-2004, 01:30 PM
RickS, I agree, when I purchased my 22, I looked for a 02 leftover to get the SS windshield. This is not rocket science, ChrisCraft offers an aluminum unit standard on their new line and an SS piece as an option. Taylor makes both windshields. ChrisCraft like Donzi is a limited production builder 350 to 500 unit a year. I've heard the elimination of the SS unit is because the windshield on the 22 doses not fit a standard deck shape. A friend of mine worked for Taylor's windshield division in NY State and he told me that Taylor has a limited production service and will fabricate units for small volume builders. The current windshield is merely the SS unit without the frame with cheap looking corner pieces. Even if the corners were stainless along with a stainless trim piece along the base of the sidelights like the ZR would help a great deal.

To bad about Donzi will not offer the 525 that would be really interesting.

Crossbow
10-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Those new models sure look SWEET, but does anyone know if the Z series is adding a boat this year ,a few years ago they said they were making a 34 ZSC ,any idea if this will be coming out soon or not ? .................CROSSBOW :rlol: