PDA

View Full Version : abandoned "barrelback"

seano
09-27-2004, 09:39 AM
I know there have been some discrepencies in the past about the proper naming of the old Donzi 18s...so I'll just stick to calling it a barrelback for now... :)

anyway...to my story...

I found an abandoned barrelback at a local marina this weekend...just after Ted left with the 28ss :)...and this one is surely a project with no paperwork...so I wonder if it is worthwhile or if i can even get a clear "Donzi" registration/title for it here in NY...any thoughts?

Any idea what it's worth? it is competely stripped with only the drive and transom assembly.

MOP
09-27-2004, 09:43 AM
I can't help with value, thats in the eyes of the victim :D But get the NY numbers, as long as they have not been deleted due inactivity I can dig up the owner info.

Phil

Lenny
09-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Sell it to one of us north of the border. We don't care about the title as we give it a new one once in the Country. :D

seano
09-27-2004, 11:31 AM
So...is it worthwhile to persue? At what price point would you walk away?

Rootsy
09-27-2004, 11:38 AM
is this a the triple hatch sitting in some weeds slowly rotting away? if so.. last time i checked it wasn't for sale, hell the marina or whomever had it wouldn';t even talk about it really i guess... and it was in the words of our esteemed naval engineer: the worst condition donzi classic he'd ever seen...

but hey go for it.. no guts no glory!

Lenny
09-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Voodoocanoe told me a couple years back that he knew of one or two somewhere's around his area. He might also be someone to ask.

seano
09-27-2004, 12:04 PM
well...its a moot point now...i spoke to the yard and they say its not for sale...can't imagine someone would leave a Donzi sitting like this...its a real shame...there's a tree sitting on the deck, engine hatch is gone and the stern is higher than the bow, so you know its full of water...a real shame... :mad:

Rootsy
09-27-2004, 05:38 PM
YEP that is HER Seano... it's a TRIPLE HATCH... CDMA has looked at her with the same success you have achieved in aquiring it... a real shame...

JR