PDA

View Full Version : 38 zr with staggered 1050's and #6's....

boxy
09-26-2004, 07:00 PM
They offer it, how come we've never seen one ????

ENGINE OPTIONS
MERCRUISER HP
T-500 EFI, Side By Side, Bravo 1 XR Drives & ITS Boxes 470EA
T-525 EFI, Staggered, Bravo 1 XR Drives & ITS Boxes 500EA
T-575 SCI, Staggered, W/Bravo
XR Drives & ITS Boxes 550EA
T-1050 SCI, Staggered, W/ Dry
Sump Six Drives 1000EA

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Not enough hull for that set up, IMHO the 575's are plenty with XR drives.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Good point to debate over an adult beverage some day Poodle.
Great Boat no matter what, a show stopper....
The 38ZR 575/XR from Shoreline at Smith Mountain Lake left many HRPA folks drooling while they followed him around on a local Poker Run.
1075's would certainly take the boat far from 94MPH.
Too fast for me.
Bryan

boxy
09-26-2004, 08:18 PM
I do not believe Donzi is certified to do the 1050 installs yet.. IMO the hull will take it.. The driver may not be able to tho :eek: :eek:
Poodle, check out the options/standards page, there is an interesting footnote, they may be ready to install big power...

Fish boy
09-26-2004, 08:29 PM
amazing the things they will go through to try to catch Geoo ;)

integra
09-27-2004, 09:08 AM
I think it is an interesting options, since other 38 ft boats like Cigarette or Fountain can put them on.

Maybe it's a lot of power, but the 575 as a top engine was too less for me...

I Don't know if the hull is enough, but think so...

Fish boy
09-27-2004, 09:18 AM
looking at the racing success donzi has had recently, I have to believe the hull may not be their biggest concern. Professional drivers do well, but there are some folks whose checkbooks and desire to be the fastest exceeds their driving skill. I am first in line with "if some is good, more is better", but perhaps donzi is not pushing something that they will know will far exceed most driver's abilities. Just guessing, not based on any facts. Love to see one, love even more to drive one though.

fish

Mr X
09-27-2004, 04:27 PM
They offer it, how come we've never seen one ????

ENGINE OPTIONS
MERCRUISER HP
T-500 EFI, Side By Side, Bravo 1 XR Drives & ITS Boxes 470EA
T-525 EFI, Staggered, Bravo 1 XR Drives & ITS Boxes 500EA
T-575 SCI, Staggered, W/Bravo
XR Drives & ITS Boxes 550EA
T-1050 SCI, Staggered, W/ Dry
Sump Six Drives 1000EA

You can see one this week in Sarasota! :eek!:

boxy
09-27-2004, 07:01 PM
You can see one this week in Sarasota! :eek!:

There will be a staggered T-1050 SCI with dry sumped sixes in Sarasota this weekend ? :eek: :eek:

boxy
09-27-2004, 08:52 PM
All that carbon fiber is just plain pretty ..... :D

Apparently I knew more than I knew this morning... :D

txtaz
09-27-2004, 10:31 PM
One word.....liability

Zigouras Racing
09-27-2004, 11:24 PM
There will be a staggered T-1050 SCI with dry sumped sixes in Sarasota this weekend ? :eek: :eek:
They only need to make 3 or 4 of them to be considered a "production boat"... and that's probably all they made. Producing 3 or 4 of them will allow it into F1, F2 and/or other factory classes. If you only build one of them, then ABPA, SBI, and most other racing organizations probably won't allow it to compete in any factory classes.

That's my guess. That, and the fact that they are pretty darn expensive! :eek:

- Paul

boxy
09-28-2004, 06:27 AM
They only need to make 3 or 4 of them to be considered a "production boat"... and that's probably all they made. Producing 3 or 4 of them will allow it into F1, F2 and/or other factory classes. If you only build one of them, then ABPA, SBI, and most other racing organizations probably won't allow it to compete in any factory classes.

That's my guess. That, and the fact that they are pretty darn expensive! :eek:

- Paul

I think the Bravo ZR's have been running Factory 2 APBA for 3 years now, this is the first #6 driven bought I've seen, and I'm not sure what the outdrive regulations are for Factory 2, if they make the 6 boat production, does that mean Donzi can run F-2 power, and a 6 ?

Welcome aboard Paul.

Fish boy
09-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi Paul, welcome to the donzi registry!! Good point regarding the production requirement for F1/F2. Just curious, do you race?

Fish

Edit: OK how stupid do I feel right now?

boxy
09-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Spiderman, Spiderman, WHO'S AFRAID OF THE SPIDERMAN ......

Not Donzi .... :D :D

pmreed
09-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Check the APBA rules. The intent is to limit F2 speeds to ~ 85 mph and F1 speeds to ~ 80 mph. They do this by limiting engine and outdrive options. The only engines allowed are the Merc HP500, the HP525, and the Innovation Marine Vortec HP3. The only outdrives allowed are the Merc B1, X2, XR, XR Sportmaster, and the XR Short Sportmaster. Super V and Super V Light have the same restrictions, but with higher speed intentions. Hulls require homologation and approval by the powers that be at APBA. The only "unlimited" classes are PT (extreme turbine), PX (extreme cat), and PV ( extreme v). I guess you could put 1075s in a P1 outlaw, but your max allowed speed would be 109.99 mph, so the sucker would have to be 80 feet long or carry a lot of ballast:rlol:.
In short, a hot poker run boat will blow any F1 or F2 boat away. Same hull with as much power and whatever outdrive the buyer/builder has the guts to put in it.

Phil

roadtrip se
09-28-2004, 08:44 AM
The poker run scene is where the money is now! Maybe Donzi is waking up to this, we'll see.

As for racing Phil, they could run in P class. Look at Bacardi Silver, but what is the point of that?

Take it to Cumberland or New York with some big Sterling power and taunt the OL crowd with a better riding, faster running, and better looking big ride! Keep your fancy paint, see you at the bridge, baby!

And then, maybe we can start thinking about dragging a canopy version up to Reggieville to make a couple of kilo passes.

Money, takes only money.

Now we're talking!

By the way Bryan, the fastest ZR so far was very stable at 110+, but the drives couldn't handle the truth.

Todd
"Partner? anybody, anybody?"

tamburello
09-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Yeah, that'll put you at the front of the line at the card stop and amass a crowd on the dock. I was wondering when someone would step up and build a ZR with Sixes and some big power. I'd have to wager that the hull is big enough for that kind of power as Reggie is pushing a Fountain of similar size to 170+.

Looks like a sweet ride, I like the hatch windows that let you see the uber expensive but ohhh so delicious power lurking below. Any more pics of this badazz ZR?

Now, if you are willing to wait a little longer and can live without Mercs Smartcraft you can drop in two Sterling/Callan Torque V-12s for 1350 N.A. H.P. and twice as much running time between rebuilds. Hmmnnn, that might do nicely.

- Jeff