PDA

View Full Version : Fuel delivery system upgrade...question ??? (RickR)

Lenny
09-25-2004, 07:23 PM
I am going to redo ALL of the fuel delivery system next week. I will buy Racor filters and stuff and neoprene lines, cut to length, swauged ends etc etc etc. I got an answer from MOP but just want a few more ideas from others. Rickr, I remember you had a nice set up on the BB 18, (I think I remember that :rolleyes: ) Anyways, , does the filtration system go after the tank and before the mechanical pump? or after (carb end) of the pump?

What should I buy from Racor? Part numbers if available. Water separator and a separate filter, combined, forget the water separator? That kind of stuff. I don't mind spending the money to it right the first time. When the deck comes off, (whenever) and I redo the tank, at that time I will increase
the diameter of the "feed" to the new system.

We have a large Parker/Racor wholesaler here in town and they have done all of my shops air systems and lubricated lines and stuff and I have been very happy with their product line.

Thanx in advance. :) (350, stockish)

RickR
09-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Like poodle said and

Racor makes great products
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=72589
Metal base required for enclosed engine. It is a combo fuel filter/water seperator. Base has a NPT screw to drain water and sediment.
Poodle aren't you a Racor dealer??? Could you email a price to me for the assemble with metal base.

Tank to filter (filter after tank/ before pump) needs marine grade 3/8 ID hose. Filter to pump can be hose also but ,if filter is mounted on engine, I would prefer tubing.
Pump to carb must be tubing. You can use galvanized steel brake lines (not USCG approved) from you local auto parts but OE Merc is aluminum and will hold up better in salt.
If you are going to bend tubing get a tubing bender (spring thingy) at local hardware.
I prefer flared ends on the tubing.

BTW The X looks GREAT :rlol: Took FOREVER for you to get the 1st Donzi, now it looks like you are assembling a fleet!
How about some more pics!