PDA

View Full Version : Here we go

Cuda
09-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Power went out at 6pm, we are on the generator already. As long as the cable stays on, I'm good to go. :smile:

mikev
09-25-2004, 06:15 PM
were praying for you guys hope all goes well.

Fish boy
09-25-2004, 07:18 PM
good luck Cuda and Deb, hope everyone stays safe and the storm leaves you alone.

fish

gcarter
09-25-2004, 07:21 PM
We still have power, and maybe we'll keep it as a lot of the trees have already come down.
At least I hope so. I like my airconditioning! :bonk:

Fish boy
09-25-2004, 07:34 PM
You folks be careful up there, your going to get the worst of it from what I see on radar.. Be careful, ned anything let me know!!

I could use a 1.75 of vodka, a case of red bull and some chicken wings ;) LOL

Cuda
09-25-2004, 08:25 PM
The cable went out right after my last post. It's back on, and the electric is back on. We had phone throughout.

BUIZILLA
09-25-2004, 08:36 PM
My brother, grandmother and dad all live in Stuart/Palm City :bawling: :bonk: :banghead: :eek!: My dad's tri-level house is right on the inner bay, facing north, no shutters.. :embarasse :banghead: :bawling: dead_center_hit :lifeprese :lifeprese
they all bailed out and my grandma is staying with me. My dad and brother are in Naples in their motorcoaches basking in the :confused: :spit: :confused:
looks like I gotta load the truck for a mercy mission first thing in the a.m and scout the situation up there, chain saw in hand, before they all try and return home... oh joy..

JH

Cuda
09-25-2004, 09:45 PM
I have a job going on in Ft Pierce. I almost had two more pallets of tile delivered there yesterday. I'm glad I decided to hold off on having it delivered.

pmreed
09-25-2004, 10:44 PM
11:40 PM. Still got power and satellite. Just watched Kill Bill . Maybe a little too much blood for me :eek!: . Almost didn't hear the wind outside.

Phil

Cuda
09-26-2004, 10:01 AM
So much for my idea that the Minx was safe in St Pete at the cover place. The storm is headed there now. Debbie said she drove by the Minx yesterday and it was parked under an oak tree. :bawling:

Cuda
09-26-2004, 10:08 AM
There is an oak in the lot I own across the street that basically fell last weekend. The only thing that was holding it up were the grape vines running through it. A contractor for the power company was in the neighborhood last week, and I tried to convince him that this tree would take out the power line. He didn't buy it. The tree just now came down in the road.

Cuda
09-26-2004, 10:09 AM
Four inches of rain in our rain gauge, it was at 2.5 this morning.

florida gator
09-26-2004, 10:15 AM
So much for my idea that the Minx was safe in St Pete at the cover place. The storm is headed there now. Debbie said she drove by the Minx yesterday and it was parked under an oak tree. :bawling:

I drove by the fiberglass shop that's redoing my floor yesterday after the game to check on his progress. As I expected they are nowhere around. He showed me a tree on the lot next door the shop when I dropped the boat off. He has it strapped and chained at the fork where it began to split during Frances. I'm a little freaked right now. Cann't waite to check on it.

Fish boy
09-26-2004, 10:28 AM

Cuda, any way to get it out of the fenced in area? I will go get it if you want and find a safer place. lemme know asap, it is getting pretty nasty and only getting worse around here with the eye on the outskirts of tampa 7274555175

Cuda
09-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Fish, thanks for the offer, but we'll let her ride where she is. At least it has a new full cover on it. :)

Cuda
09-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Power is back out again. We are on the generator. Thankgoodness the cable is still on. I was just getting up to go to the garage to do some sanding and painting when it went off. :(

gcarter
09-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Well our power went out about 6:00. Have reverted to the phone line.
I think the wind is stronger than all day. The eye is definately heading away from us now.
I don't really mind the loss of the TV, it's the AC I have a hard time doing without.

gcarter
09-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Well during the last storm, the feed from Leesburg was down, probably 10 miles away, and each day the power was on a little closer to the house. We were without power for four days.
This time it is out in only one transformer box affecting only about six houses. I still don't know when we'll have it back, hopefully today.
We got a bunch more trees down, I could post the same pics as the last time and you wouldn't know the difference.
This morning there's a bright sunny sky. We're supposed to have about 90* and a heat index of 105* and 80% chance of rain later today.

Cuda
09-27-2004, 12:52 PM
We have no power or cable at home. I'm in St Pete. I had to come this way to check out a job, but now I can't get in touch with the gc. I figured I'd pick up the Donzi while I'm here, but he must not have power, because there is nobody there, and the boat is behind the fence. At least I know the Minx came through ok, I saw it there.