PDA

View Full Version : 22c vs. 22zx

Zinger
09-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Has anyone compared the ride of a 22 classic to a 22 zx in rough water conditions. Thanks for any advice Jeff

Formula Jr
09-26-2004, 01:58 AM
The 22zx is a better "rough water" boat. Higher freeboard, more weight, a cabin to take a break from the weather, spray etc. Just the Ride may or may not be the best way to phrase this question. Depends on what you mean by "Rough Water."

BigGrizzly
09-26-2004, 11:02 PM
JR Have you ridden in both or just reading what others have postred? I have done both same day and same water. Both were 80 plus MPH boats. Point one is the passingers were swapped and both agree the classic hull pounds less. It is true the ride and handle different. Think of this there have been many cases of 22ZX pedistals pulling from the floor and not many classics doing the same. Point 2 is most will agree the step on a 22 too agressive to work well on that size boat.For the purest in this group you nrrd to come to an event and ride botb. I feel the classic rides beter, my son who ownes a 22ZX feels his rides better.

Formula Jr
09-27-2004, 01:43 AM
Yes Grizz, I've been in Both, thats why I wanted the question better phased. The 22 classic hull is smoother. But then there is the whole "day boat" issue. In Rough Water, I'd rather be in a 22ZX.