PDA

View Full Version : Minx- Lets see em

Fish boy
09-24-2004, 07:37 PM
OK folks, decided to start a thread for all of you that have a Minx. Post pics, and tell us a little bit about your boat. Please remeber to be considerate of bandwidth and follow the posting size guidelines. Sorry folks, Minx only, there will be other threads for other donzi's.

Fish

Cuda
09-24-2004, 07:59 PM
87 Minx originally a 320 EFI. I bought it as a basket case, but all original and unmolested. Build a 350 with my dad, figuring around 340 horses. Alpha drive. I have very little seat time since getting it running. Lot's of small gremlins kept me off the water, then moving and nasty weather kept it low. Right now it's in St Pete where I had a new full cover made for it, and had a glass man fix any nicks, dings, and scratches.

I've owned and been on a lot of boats, and this one is by far the must fun to drive I've ever been in. I think this one is a keeper.

Previously owned by board member Dalelamma.

Sagbay32
09-24-2004, 08:22 PM
One of my favorite Minx....perfect color combo. I remember when it went up for sale I was wishing I lived closer.
Cuda, She looks great!

Mike

Cuda
09-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Thanks, here's a couple more from the first time I took her out.

gcarter
09-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Mine is an '86, #56. Beige w/ blue sides and stripe. Currently under restoration. See threads; "Breaks over", and "Was my Minx built on Monday.
It's coming along nicely. Was hoping to have it at the Homecomking next weekend but some storms whose names we won't mention delayed me two weeks.

DonziDave
09-25-2004, 08:17 PM
This is an older post, but I thought you Minx owners would find it interesting......
Here is a great bit of DONZI history!
A friend who owns a boat repair yard has a customer come in with a MINX on a damaged trailer. He fixes the trailer but after a few months the customer has not paid the bill. So my friend buys the boat and trailer at a steal. He calls me and says he thinks he may have a special boat and could I help him do some research.
Think the MINX was only built between '86 & '88?
WRONG...hull # 001 was built in 1985. As it turns out, the Chisholm family designed the MINX and built the molds but sold DONZI to the Houser-Genth group before going into production. However, on his way out the door, Jon Chisholm had a MINX built for his personal boat. On the dash is an engraved plate - "This DONZI was specially built for Sally & Jon Chisholm".
The serial number is DMR200018585. The decifer is 20ft - hull #001 - month 8 - year 5 - model yr 85.
BTW - The boat is in great condition.
Pretty Cool....
Dave

Cuda
09-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Jim's Minx.

BUIZILLA
09-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Thanx Joe, I just got a new 'puter and I haven't zipped the old pic stash into this one yet.

JH

HallJ
12-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Hey guys,

This is my 88 Minx.
I bought it in late july from A boat dealer in Arizona.
It's originally from Alabama.
The previous owner traded it in for an Eliminator.

I talked with him over the phone, he told me he put Big block and Bravo in.

He said it was too fast, so he put the original setup back in and traded it in on the Eliminator.

He heavily regrets trading it in.

I really really enjoy it!!!

Jeff

gcarter
12-03-2004, 06:17 PM
I too love the windshield!!! :shocking:

Donzi Racer
12-03-2004, 06:22 PM
This is an older post, but I thought you Minx owners would find it interesting......
Here is a great bit of DONZI history!
A friend who owns a boat repair yard has a customer come in with a MINX on a damaged trailer. He fixes the trailer but after a few months the customer has not paid the bill. So my friend buys the boat and trailer at a steal. He calls me and says he thinks he may have a special boat and could I help him do some research.
Think the MINX was only built between '86 & '88?
WRONG...hull # 001 was built in 1985. As it turns out, the Chisholm family designed the MINX and built the molds but sold DONZI to the Houser-Genth group before going into production. However, on his way out the door, Jon Chisholm had a MINX built for his personal boat. On the dash is an engraved plate - "This DONZI was specially built for Sally & Jon Chisholm".
The serial number is DMR200018585. The decifer is 20ft - hull #001 - month 8 - year 5 - model yr 85.
BTW - The boat is in great condition.
Pretty Cool....
DaveThat makes a lot of sense, ran into Jon and his wife a few years back when we had a black and white SE like Buizilla's and he was telling us that it was named after their dog and the word MINX meant WANTON WOMAN. I was always wondering if he left in 1985, how it came to be in production in 1986. We lost our Minx quite a few years back. blub blub blub Sure do miss it. Very stable boat, tracked very true and not any chine walking but always wondered how it would act with a big block? Tom

Donzi Racer
12-03-2004, 06:38 PM
I'd be curious to hear what HP and how fast she ran..

BTW, you got the nice, optional windshield.. Pretty boat, more pics please??Thought I would pass along what we knew about this minx. It did come from north alabama and although it originally came with a 350-alpha combo. It was sold by a friend that had a marine sales in north alabama. We too heard about it having a big block supercharged chevy with a bravo squeezed in. Heard lots of horsepower and extremely fast like between mid 80's and 90. Get in touch with Mr Holt at Riverchase boat sales in decatur ala. area code 256 for more info of what was done or how to talk to the old owner that did all the upgrades.Nice boat. Hope that helps, Tom

HallJ
12-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Here a re some pics with the big block and Bravo.

I talked to the gentleman who owned it before me, he sent me the pics.

He told me he was very particular about the care of the boat and it shows!!!

I shall do the same. I've never had so much fun in a boat!!
One more thing, It's titled as a 20 Classic and was advertised as a 20 Classic when I bought it.

Cuda
12-05-2004, 11:49 AM
MP, isn't there someone with a big block Minx down your way?

BERTRAM BOY
12-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Supposedly, there is a Minx near Lake Winni with a 502/ Bravo. Never seen it in the water though..... I think the guys name is Rod. Woodsy will know this boat.

EricG
12-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Here's a slightly less positive Minx Pic.... This one was run onto the rocks in Lake Washington at 4:00AM on a morning this past fall.... The driver lived...but was in the hospital for awhile. I'm not sure if this is the the same one or not, but I ran into a Blue and White Minx at a gas station about 3 years ago around here....350/Volvo (280 or 290), I can't imagine that there are too many volvo Minx's.

-EG
I got the pic from www.nwoffshore.com