PDA

View Full Version : Lenco Trim Tabs

donzi182003
09-24-2004, 12:59 PM
I just put a set of 12x12 Lenco racing tabs on my 18 classic. Let me tell you they work incredible. I was skeptical about the electric part of em but they are twice as responsive as the Bennets and the install is muuuch easier. I have Bennett double actuators on my 25 Contender and they react after about 5 seconds of hitting the switch. These tabs are instant. I cruised across Biscayne Bay last night doin 55 in a 2' chop and didnt feel a thing. What a difference tabs make on these little Donzi's. I was wondering if anyone else has Lencos on the board and what your experiences are with em. I know Contender is rigging their boats with them now so they got to be pretty good huh?

MOP
09-25-2004, 07:30 AM
I have to Echo Scott! The Lencos do work great, are a bit easier to install and are less expensive. But the failure rate in salt makes them far more expensive in the long run. Bennets on the other hand have proven them selves for many years, failures are relatively cheap to fix. The Lencos like electric thrusters die an early death in salt.

RickR
09-25-2004, 10:23 AM
donzi18
The slow reaction from your Bennets is probably due to the size of the tab relative to the boat size.
I have found Bennets to be a great tab, especially the Sport Tabs :checkered

A 12x12 on an 18 Classic is going to react VERY quickly :shocking:

Lenco's tabs with trolling motor are certainly unique on the flats boats.

Sam
09-26-2004, 07:40 AM
I have Lenco's on my Key West, they work great and were a breeze to install. Granted I am in fresh water so maybe mine will live longer. Now on my Donzi I have hydraulic and after three years I had to repalce the hydraulic hose's due to cracking. According to the mfg they have switched hose suppliers................ I hope so.

Sam