PDA

View Full Version : A quick hello

CDMA
09-23-2004, 08:04 AM
I just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone and apologize to those I have not gotten back to. I am traveling in Europe and am not easy to reach.

I graduated ( finally) in June and took a few weeks off. After that I went to Greece to sail with Halsey Herreschoff for a few weeks. After a sucessful cruise I returned home started the process to join the NYYC, went on the NYYC cruise, delivered a 45 foot Sparkman and Stephens and a few other things. I have left again and now am traveling in europe again with Halsey and a few buddies on his 60 foot NY 40 ( built in 1926). I flew into Rome, sailed through the west coast of Italy, now onto Portofino, Monaco, Cannes, St. Tropez and Gibraltar. After that I return home for a short time before heading back to sail from Gibraltar to the Canary Islands and later trans-atlantic onto Barbados.

I hope all is well in Donzi world and I miss everyone and the events more then I can say. I will be back however, and that is more of a threat then a promise.

So let the blow boat jokes begin but best to you all and I will be back torturing the blow boaters sooner or later. Then again I have been a sailor long before I knew what a donzi was.

Best to all

Chris Allard

Fish boy
09-23-2004, 08:15 AM
Hey Chris,
great to hear from you, you are also missed on the boards but glad to hear you are doing something I know you love (just a lot slower than I am sure you would rather be going on the water LOL).

Portofino, Monaco, Cannes, St. Tropez and Gibraltar... I hope you have the dig. camera, I am sure there will be some amazing pics and hope you will post some.

I'll drink a beer for ya at the hometown rally, might even be able to do a few more. Ha! Take care and have fun!!

Fish

Morgan's Cloud
09-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey Chris,
great to hear from you, you are also missed on the boards !

Fish

..Conspicuous by your very absence ....

Maybe you can now shed some insight as to why Don chose to name one of his boats after a place ..St Tropez... wonder why that would be of interest to me ....? :biggrin.:

I have wondered for a while if you recieved that packet of old brochures etc. that I sent a long time back .

Enjoy the adventures.. life's too short .

Steve

mattyboy
09-23-2004, 11:11 AM
it is good to be the Chris!! ;)
I took a few "trips" when I finished college never left the easy chair if ya know what I mean :propeller :nuke:
was good to see you at the fall picnic

take care the atlantic is not the place to be these days, I hear there is a storm named Mattyboy gonna jump Lisa and head north!!

and I don't think anyone will sink to that level with the blowboat ,or sailor jokes, we are much more mature than that,
is there alot of seamen on your ship??? :tongue:

I guess the ship doesn't have a stripe does it??

take care be careful

Marie and the kids say hi