PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pearson/ Dash

RickR
09-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Scott
The pics of your awesome dash are gone from your old posts. The only one I can find is the Registry pic.

Could you post pics when you get a chance and make some reccomendations for constructing a new dash.

I was leaning toward 3/8" 6061 with powdercoat, 1/8" quarter round edge, and recessed rotary switches. :smash:

mattyboy
09-22-2004, 05:39 PM
enuff already with the pumpkin :rolleyes: ;)

If I recall correctly a few emails, some phone tag, a check in the mail, and a sawzall should take care of it !! :eek: :tongue:

here another shot of it

Lenny
09-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Carbon Fiber is another alternative and cheaper, (but a different kind of pretty) Very simple to do with surfboard resin and a squee-gee and some patience.

Depends on what you want. YES :yes: that dash of Pearsons' is something to behold...

Scott Pearson
09-23-2004, 05:12 AM
Thanks Matty,

Rick...its all up to you and how crazy you want to go. I can tell you this it an get real costly real quick if you have someone do it.

Let me know how you make out.

LGDCC
Scott

Fish boy
09-23-2004, 06:58 AM
not to be redundant but... That is the best looking dash I have ever seen (ar at least since the last time I looked at it).

Biskit
09-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Did that steering wheel come from Chico at Mooneyes? the biskit

Surfer
09-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Scott, what a beautiful job, I've been working on a design for my dash, looks like I might have to copy.

Lenny
09-23-2004, 11:50 AM
...maybe he will sell you his "G-codes"

McGary911
09-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Did that steering wheel come from Chico at Mooneyes? the biskit

Yep, that's where he got it. Its kinda a metallic orange vinyl. Perfect for that boat.

Yes, that dash is something else......

Walt. H.
09-23-2004, 11:59 AM
It sure is pretty purdy and real custom looking, but when the sun hits that polished metal. I'm afraid you'll go blind. :eek!:

I think the dark carbon fiber look that Lenny mentioned would be healthier. :crossfing :idea:

Walt

RickR
09-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Mattyboy
Thanks for the offer but the 18s dash wouldn't look right on the 22 ;)

Lenny
I thought of acrylic, wood and carbon fiber. If I had your woodworking skills, I'd use mahagony :yes:
Do you know of a web sight for carbon fiber sheets already prepared?

I have a sign maker with a cad/cam routing machine for the engraving.

Still looking for a BIG oven for the powdercoating.

Walt
I'm thinking, charcoal metalic powder coat w/clear :smash:

BUIZILLA
09-23-2004, 06:49 PM
www.ultimatemarinepanels.com

Lenny
09-23-2004, 07:58 PM
http://www.ultimatemarinepanels.com :D

Rick. You won't be curving carbon fiber after it has been layed-up flat. This will have to be done over the "male" version of your curvature. Basically, remove your guages, cut a perfectly matching shape, whatever shape you want, press it/clamp it against the panel, then glass some heavy sawn wood to match the radius for full contact and glass it to the "in your face side" of the , (say) 1/4-3/8" Medite or Ranger Board. Once kicked, unclamp it, remove it, flip it over, put wax paper down over it and start a carbon fibre lay-up using surfboard resin for the first couple of lay-ups then back to whatever. It would not be a big deal but definately a winter project (if you get winter ;) )

Oh, and by the way, boats and WOOD (salt water) don't like each other much and it will give you even less time to play with your boat while you take care of the dash.

mattyboy
09-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Mattyboy
Thanks for the offer but the 18s dash wouldn't look right on the 22 ;)

Rick I may be crazy i ain't stoopid ;) I just cleaned out my attic :tongue: It was a reference to the last time someone asked about making a Pearson Dash :eek:

RickR
09-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Buzzilla
Thanks I call them.

Lenny
On the 22 (in the guage and switch area) the dash panel is flat.