PDA

View Full Version : Some pics from Baghdad.....

McGary911
09-19-2004, 02:59 PM
My old man has been in Iraq since February, helping to train the Iraqi police force. I get an inside view of what's going on over there, and it's worse than you'll ever hear on the news. Best thing I did was get him a digital camera before he left (and taught him how to use it). I've created a monster. He has taken over 1800 photos as of the beginning of July.
I figured I'd post a few for everyone to see. I'll post some more if anyone is interested.....

1. Saddams main palace in Baghdad. That's where our embassy is now.
2. Inside of the palace. The army uses this room as a mess hall. See the tables..
3. They call this the crossed swords. Right next to dad's hotel. This leads to the square where the statue of saddam was toppled. Check out how big they are.
4. View from the top of his hotel, the Al Sadeer.
5. Blackhawk doing a fly-by of the hotel. They hang on the roof of the hotel a lot to watch the inevitable explosions.

McGary911
09-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Couple more....

1. Baghdad market.
2. Boating in Kuwait.
3. Cheap pickup truck.
4. Gilded tiolet in Saddam's palace. Nice bidet too. how do you spell "bidet"?
5. View of a blackhawk, from the window of dad's blackhawk. He flew in this one up to Erbil, in northern Iraq.

RedDog
09-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Tell your Dad to keep his head down, stay safe, and THANKS for doing his part to bring freedom to a land of tranny!

harbormaster
09-20-2004, 12:38 AM
post'em all!

I love`looking at them along with your captions.

Eugene Nahemow
09-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Great photos.
Please keep posting.
May you Dad be safe.

ToonaFish
09-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Wow. Totally impressive.

Please let your father know how proud we are of him and thank him so very much for his sacrifices.

Bunches,

Celene

McGary911
09-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Here's a few more. My dad is really into archeology, so he made sure he got to Babylon. He also spent 10 days up in Erbil in northern Irqq. Erbil is ther oldest continually occupied town in the entire world. He enjoyed it up there, because it is contolled by the Kurds who actually like us. He didnt haved to wear his vest there, and only had to carry 1 gun. He got food poisoned in Erbil.

1. Arch in Babylon. Saddam rebult the city, but you can see where the original part of the wall was at the bottom.
2. You can see how much of the city filled in over the centuries. Thats the top of an arch.
3. The Lion of Babylon.
4. Some kind of animal in the brick. Babylon.
5. Dad on an old Russian tank in Erbil. I think it's a russian tank.

McGary911
09-26-2004, 12:51 PM
1. Traffic in Erbil.
2. Lunch in Erbil mountains. Wonder if this is where his food poisoning came from?
3. Porsche 911 in Erbil. He thinks they'll have this running before i have my 911 running.
4. Dad with a couple of Kurdish soldiers in Erbil. The Kurds are the ones guarding his hotel in Baghdad right now. The important americans in Baghdad get US forces standing guard.
5. For all you South Park fans. This was on the flight helmet of the Blackhawk pilot that gave dad and his crew a flight back to Baghdad....home sweet home.... 'til February at least.....

I'll post some more when I have time. I still haven't seen all of them myself....