PDA

View Full Version : I am pissed!!

Cuda
09-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Watching the Gators against the Vols. Freaking ref called an unsportsman like on the Gators after a Vol slapped a gator in the head and the gator relatiated. The replay showed the ref watching the entire incident, then calls it on the Gators. No homefield call there eh in front of 109,000 orange clad screamers. Worse call I've ever seen in football.

Gators lose by two on a last second fieldgoal. Ref needs to be fired then drawn and quatered.

:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

Fish boy
09-19-2004, 12:31 AM
It is too bad when a ref makes a bad (or biased) call that completely changes the outcome of the game. If it is warranted that is one thing, but in this case, he should have called them both and had the penalties offset, or not called either. Both were wrong, ref watched both, saw both, penalized one. Whether it was a bad call or worse, games should be won or lost on the field, not by a ref playing god.

dr
09-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Just a game..

RedDog
09-19-2004, 11:49 AM
I'm not particularly pissed :cool!:

You know there are bad calls that go both ways. You also know it is the retaliation that gets called every time. Shame on the FL player.

GO VOLS

Fish boy
09-19-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm not particularly pissed :cool!:

You know there are bad calls that go both ways. You also know it is the retaliation that gets called every time. Shame on the FL player.

GO VOLS

RD, I completely agree with everyti8ng you say above 99% of the time. But, the retalition getting called part of football us because the ref seldom see the first shot, and does see the retaliation. Not the case here, he saw both unsportsman like activities and only called one of them. WTF! I would be saying the same thing if it happened to the VOLS.

Shame on both players, neither one should have put their teams in jeopardy of losing by swinging at the other; especially 5 feet from a ref looking right at them.

As for the bad calls going both ways, you are correct there too. It is just a shame when you combine all the facts like came together last night: a call only against one of two equally offending players (bad or biased call), that effects the outcome of the game, and possibly national championships. Let the games be decided on the field by the players, not by a ref... whatever his reason was for doing what he did.

Congrats to the VOLS, they played well and are only going to get better as their QB matures.

Cuda
09-19-2004, 03:06 PM
No doubt the Vols played well enough to win the game, it's just that call was so bad! The ref was STARING straight at BOTH players when it happened, and only called the Gator. It's like it was set up. Go ahead and slap a gator in the head, and when he slaps back, I'll call the penalty. :mad: :angryfire

RedDog
09-19-2004, 07:22 PM
At least that call didn't directly result in a score - unlike the FL wide receiver Gafney no catch that was called a catch and game winning score at UT.

After that debacle, the SEC clarified what is an end zone catch - the rule is still referred to the Gafney Rule and if it have been in effect (was that 2002 or 2000? Must be 2000) UT would have won.

Oh by the way - that's 2 in-a-row for VOLS over the Gators :biggrin: Can you tell I'm loving it?

Forrest
09-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Yea! It's just a game! :bawling:

But it's a better game when the Gators loose! :yes:

Cuda
09-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Yea! It's just a game! :bawling:

But it's a better game when the Gators loose! :yes:

Forrest, you sound like my sister. She's president of the Nole's Booster Club in St Pete. I guess we can't pick our relatives! :)

Like I say, I'd rather see my sister in a ho house than my brother at FSU!

Here she is fratenizing with the enemy! :angryfire

Fish boy
09-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Not sure what he is saying, but it looks like he is really trying to impress her LOL Does not look like sis is buying his BS though.

Fish

ToonaFish
09-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Congrats to the VOLS, they played well and are only going to get better as their QB matures.

That was far worse to see than the dreadful call by the Ref.

The next few years are going to be awfully tough in Neeland Land.

Bunches,

Celene 'LSU next. Auburn just made them angry...'

Sport
09-21-2004, 01:51 PM
What a heart breaker of a game ! ! !

I was floored when that bad call went down.

Come to think, I have been in a bad mood sense that play !

Sport

RedDog
09-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Hate to bust the Gator chops more, but there is more to the story.

The unsportsmanship call may have been questionable but the FL player initiated the contact by grabbing a facemask, TN retaliated, then FL retaliated - I think the TV coverage only caught the last 2 hits. Probably (maybe???) should have been offsetting

Regardless, the real break for TN was the clock. The officials by rule should have started the clock when the ball was placed following the penalty. They waited to start the clock until the ball was snapped. That extra time is what gave us the victory.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving opponent :smile:

GO VOLS

florida gator
09-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Sucked!!

RedDog
09-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Awwwwwww..........
:biggrin.: