PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

Cuda
09-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Debbie's been bugging me to get a 4 wheeler, so today we got a new Bombardier 330 Outlander. This thing is fun a hell to ride. We have a lot of little roads in the woods around here to ride on, and we're only a couple miles from the Ocala National Forrest which has 388,000 acres to run in. I just now hear her pulling back up, she's been gone for over an hour on her first ride. :)

gcarter
09-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Looks like fun! :) :) :wavey:

Lenny
09-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Deneen and I went to "Whistler Mountain" , (ski-village) a couple months ago and rented Bombardier 550's. Neither of us has ridden before. MAN, WHAT A BLAST !!! Something about being on trails at 5000'. The resort doesn't let these things up to the 7500' mark. This ski hill in summer is just plain cool. We LOVED these things. What was especially fun was learning how to throw the rear end around in corners and such and really getting the feel for them. I think ours went about 40 MPH tops. But a riot !!! Have fun !!!

Cuda
09-18-2004, 09:07 PM
This evening, we took a ride across the bridge in the truck to scope out places to ride. There is a spot about a mile and a half from here that is in the ONF. There was a couple who were putting their atv's on a trailer. They said the ride there all the time and there are tons of trails to run right there. We are going there in the morning. The river is too high and full of junk to take the boat out anyway.

Fish boy
09-19-2004, 07:14 AM
KEWL!!!!!!! :biggrin.: :D :beer:

RedDog
09-19-2004, 07:49 PM
This my new toy. I bought this model for Donzi Deb's recent birthday. First ride I couldn't keep up with her while on my mountain bike so we stopped at the bike store and bought the same model for me and rode it out the door. I'm not getting left behind anymore.

It is a Specialized Roubaix. I've been riding almost every day for the past 2 weeks and feel a big improvement in my fitness. Unfortunately the Donzi is feeling neglected.

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/408roubaix.jpg

Cuda
09-19-2004, 08:08 PM
We took it out in the ONF today. The place near the house was wet as hell! My pants were wet to my knees, and I never got off the machine. We had a ball. Then we put it on the trailer and went to Big Scrub and rode around. We saw a buck, two wild turkeys, and a bear. Big Scrub was tough riding with so many trees down over the trails. We did a lot of backing out. After we got home, Deb took the truck and trailered it back to the spot near the house and rode another two hours. :)

Greg Maier
09-19-2004, 08:12 PM
RedDog,

That is a nice bike. I have raced road bikes for more years than I want to count. Your bike is named after the famous Paris - Roubaix Race, aka "The Hell of the North"

http://www.letour.fr/stf/roubaix/2004/us/

This is what the leaders of the race usaully look like at the end:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/grahamwatson.safeshopper.com/images/b010c0z4.jpg

Steven Cohn
09-20-2004, 10:24 AM
My commuter ride. Third bike; twelve miles round trip; Washington traffic; numerous component upgades; keeping Nashbar in the black; great way to keep in shape, if I don't get hit.

Sagbay32
09-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Cool quad...looks like fun riding the powerlines.

I liked the first pic....Got Grits? too funny...ok, yes I'm from up North....but I still like grits. My favorites are at Aunt Catfishes in Port Orange....love 'em!

Mike ......up in Michigan :stan:

Lenny
09-20-2004, 07:49 PM
I don't have an ATV but I have a Mountain Bike. I bought this one last year to ride to the neighbours to drink beer with him. He is about 1000' away from me. I need a real low gear to get up my driveway and disc brakes to stop for a "quick one" in a hurry. I had the water bottle holder specially modified to accept tall bottled beers for those special occasions, the shocks so I don't spill any :D