PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Ivan Destruction Footage.......

Sport
09-17-2004, 02:26 PM
I found this on The Corvette Forum.

http://www.wwltv.com/cgi-bin/bi/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.wwltv.com/091604aerials.wmv&props=noad

So much loss ! ! !

Sport

BUIZILLA
09-17-2004, 03:13 PM
www.davidolson.com

I see a ZXO in my future... :D

JH :smile:

Lenny
09-17-2004, 03:37 PM
unreal...

BUIZILLA
09-17-2004, 04:07 PM
eh Len...

www.stormcarib.com go to picture #584 of 591 on www.davidolson.com, that shows a few trashed boats, blow UP the picture and look VERY closely for the car UNDER two boats. It's a friend of mines 2003 C4S Porsche, who lives on the West End of the island..... this car came out of his garage when the house got trashed, floated 6 miles across North Sound, and lodged under those boats when the water subsided on the other side of the island in a marina... :banghead: at one point, the island was cut in half by rising water...

www.caymannetnews.com

:bawling: :nuke: :banghead: :bonk: :lifeprese :lifeprese :lifeprese :toiletpap :shark:

GKricheldorf
09-17-2004, 05:21 PM
All I can say is incredible and Thank God I live in So Cal. The news around here show a few seconds here and there and the news websites have a little more info, but that video from Sport made my jaw drop.

pmreed
09-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Ahh, Southern California; I remember it well from when I was in the Navy. No hurricanes; just waiting for the big one!!

Phil

Lenny
09-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Jim, Help, I can't find it. This what I get in photos at 584 (even tho the url says 583)
http://www.davidolson.com/Cayman/nfpicturepro/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=583

Where is the pic? You got me all excited... :yes: Finally a C-4 I can afford.

BUIZILLA
09-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Len, click on the website.. then click on ALBUM LIST... then click on the small single picture top left, then to page 30, then to 584, blow up the pic real good... for a closeup and check out the tail lights!! :eek:
all the other pic's on the front page rotate location at random that's what is confusing you

JH

Lenny
09-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Jim , thanks for the "compliment" but there is an aweful lot more "confusing" me than just this webpage :D

Lenny
09-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Apparently. I can learn tho... :D

http://www.davidolson.com/Cayman/nfpicturepro/albums/userpics/ivan2/normal_SV300253.JPG

That blows me away, no pun intended. :( awesome weather.

boldts
09-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Spent most of my day at work looking at pictures of the devastation caused by Ivan. I'm really wordless. If that kind of destruction happened to my home, it would be the end of the world for me. Yes, insurance will replace the home, but the personal pieces that make up that home can never be replaced.

Has anyone talked to the Atlanta, GA folks? Grizzly, Tomahawk, Toona, or Bad-Tat? How about RickR? This storm is touching just about everyone all along the East coast. Here in Ohio, it's the rain from the storm and flooding of our streams and rivers.

I'm keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

BUIZILLA
09-17-2004, 10:25 PM
now, where did I leave my car keys again?? :moped:

ToonaFish
09-17-2004, 11:15 PM
You guys are making me feel much better about the never ending flooding through my cottage. (Plus I've reached the hopeless resignation stage tonight. This morning I was simply too tired to cry when my beautifully sucked floors developed a new tidal pool.)

Heck, I've always threatened to take the power sprayer to the nasty carpet anyway.

My Mother spent the storm a mile or two down the road from the Riggles and survived... so I'm thinking they are probably picking up limbs and such like the rest of Georgia.

We really were lucky to have escaped with minimal damage.