PDA

View Full Version : Illinois and Wisconsin owners

Bigbroadjumper
09-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Why can't we have a "get together"? Florida, Michigan, and who knows where has a get together, but we never do anything together. We have some wonderful lakes and there are enough of us.....lets do something before the end of the season. Mississippi river, Lake Geneva, Fox Lake, Lake Michigan....something! Let have some ideas.

Ramman
09-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Lets do it!! Chain O Lakes here we come!

Rodger
09-16-2004, 08:43 AM
I'm located on Lake Geneva already. Greg and Dauley are also there. There are also about 8 other Donzi owners there that I don't think monitor this site.

Bigbroadjumper
09-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Lake Geneva would be a perfect place to do it. Large, deep, clean. The only down side is not a lot of dock space. The chain of lakes would also work. Not too clean, or deep but lots of spots to tie up and get some grub. When? Lets do this!

jhstevens
09-16-2004, 02:57 PM
I think a get together would be great. My boat is kept on Bluff Lake (chain of lakes). I do not currently have a proper tow vehicle, so I would be limited to The Chain. I would totally would be down for a cruise around the lakes and lunch or dinner at somewhere like Famous Freddies(or some other location).

Bigbroadjumper
09-16-2004, 03:39 PM
I could do the Chain, can you still buy a one day pass? Launch at the state park or Ben Watts? Lets put something together for next weekend. 9/25????? Who is in?

Ramman
09-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Yep you can still but a one dau pass I think for 5 or 10 dollars, the state park is free to launch, and I think most other marinas are around 20 bucks to launch. Next weekend sounds like a plan, count me in..

PLATINUM1936
09-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Lake Geneva - Chain o Lakes. I've spent many hours on the chain, reading your post, made me think of the old days(Good old days) Happy boating guys. :boat:

Trueser
09-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey,
I already have plans to pull the pier in Michigan this week.

Isnt there a speed limit in Lake Geneva?

If by some chance I'm around were IN!

Mike

Ramman
09-20-2004, 01:10 PM
I vote we do the Chain, the atmosphere is so much better, Plus from what I understand you can't have thru hull exhaust on Lake Geneva, which I think most of us have..

Rodger
09-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Thru hull exhaust is no problem on Lake Geneva. About half the boats have it. My brother and a few others even run dry exhaust with big big cams. The dry exhaust can get you in trouble if your stupid about it, such as, wide open near shore. My brother has external Gill mufflers he controls from the helm.

Bigbroadjumper
09-20-2004, 01:15 PM
The Chain is good for me. Where do you want to meet and what time??

Trueser
09-23-2004, 07:43 PM
We will be in whitehall Michigan.North of Muskegan.

Any interest drop me an email.

Mike

Greg
09-24-2004, 12:01 PM
I'd like to get together with some of this areas Donzi owners. This weekend isn't going to work for me to go boating though. My Donzi is currently residing in; the garage, the driveway, and a worktable in the basement. My Scarab (the wine and cheese boat) is up on Geneva. If you are going to be at one of the local watering holes on the Chain, post it here and I'll stop by for a couple of cool ones. If nothing else, "Happy Boating" to everyone for what is left of our much too short season up here.
In answer to an earlier question, there is a full time 45mph. limit on Geneva with a drop to 35mph. on weekends and holidays and 15 after sunset. They are pretty intense during the summer, but somewhat relaxed this time of year.

Rodger
09-24-2004, 01:21 PM
In the middle of the lake, if running over the limit, there is often more flexibility but no guarentees. There are only 2 police boats though, and often, only one is active, especially at this time of year. The speed limit actually goes out of effect in the off season, but that may not officially start till sometime in October.

Trueser
09-26-2004, 11:18 PM
You missed a great weekend!

Here are some pics.

Rodger
09-27-2004, 08:59 AM
I didn't miss a great weekend! There were several of us tearing up Lake Geneva, although I don't have photos to prove it. This weekend was also the antique wood boat rally up there. There were Woodys cruising around around in groups.

Greg
09-27-2004, 05:05 PM
It was me that missed the great weekend. We broke ground on a room addidion today. I spent the weekend getting ready for that. I was thinking about you guys though.