PDA

View Full Version : Preventative Medacine- For me it is a Black Pill

Fish boy
09-14-2004, 08:40 PM
actually counting my chickens before they hatch, but I think the fish boat will have nice shiny black pill by tomorrow.

Will post pics of the motor tomorrow if it goes well. Will post pics of the beer I bought to drown my sorrows if it does not.

Fish

Cuda
09-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Good deal, get her on the water soon!

What are you going to do with the old motor?

Fish boy
09-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Good deal, get her on the water soon!

What are you going to do with the old motor?

insert villianous long laugh- "muuhaahaaahaaaaa" I have something up my sleve. ;)

Cuda
09-14-2004, 09:45 PM
insert villianous long laugh- "muuhaahaaahaaaaa" I have something up my sleve. ;)

Me too, that's why I was asking about the motor! :cool:

Cuda
09-14-2004, 09:46 PM

Twins????

Team Hula Girl
09-14-2004, 10:30 PM
fish, let me know if you need someone to help you mounting and rigging it. ..........so what exactly is the black pill?

J Mitchell

Fish boy
09-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Twins????
most definitely! I love Coors light!!! LOL

actually, I know of two 23's like mine that had twins on them. Both sunk. :frown: It could be done by reglassing the splahswell, but not going that route.

The old motor may get a new lease on life, something along the lines of the skunkworks thing you saw the other day at the canvas shop. ;) Getting tired of seeing the backs of boats, want to see what it is like out in front LOL

If you are not in a big hurry, I might have a really clean low hour 200 around late october early november.

Hula, I think mounting will be ok, but while I have the old motor off, I may do some re-rigging. I will give you a shout.

Pics to follow of beer or motor depending on how it goes.

Fish

Cuda
09-15-2004, 04:45 AM
most definitely! I love Coors light!!! LOL

The old motor may get a new lease on life, something along the lines of the skunkworks thing you saw the other day at the canvas shop.

Same thing I was thinking! :biggrin.:

pmreed
09-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Hmmmm.....canvas shop, Hmmmmmmm....I've got it!!! ...Sails. Yeah Fish; that's the ticket :wink: .

Phil

Fish boy
09-15-2004, 10:41 AM
Hmmmm.....canvas shop, Hmmmmmmm....I've got it!!! ...Sails. Yeah Fish; that's the ticket :wink: .

Phil

you caught me Phil. I even recall one or two sail boats on the suwannee river that I took a particular interest in guess I am maturing.:wink:

Cuda
09-15-2004, 08:28 PM
I stopped by the cover place and paid for my cover. I still haven't seen it. The boat is at the glass guy's place. He's supposed to have it done tomorrow, but I don't know when I'll get back down to pick it up.

Team Hula Girl
09-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Fish, Let me know if you need anything else to complete the black pill conversion. Controls, gauges, cables, etc. or if you have any questions.

If you are getting a newer motor that has the ECM I can check the hours, codes, etc. on it for you also.

J Mitch

Fish boy
09-16-2004, 07:11 PM
Fish, Let me know if you need anything else to complete the black pill conversion. Controls, gauges, cables, etc. or if you have any questions.

If you are getting a newer motor that has the ECM I can check the hours, codes, etc. on it for you also.

J Mitch

Thanks Hula, you rock!!! Did have the ECM on it, but ran into a snag with it... No black pill today. :( :( :( Still possible, but less likely for that pill. Still got something up my sleeve for late fall though, in fact, something in both sleves... ;) :biggrin:

Fish boy
09-16-2004, 07:12 PM
I stopped by the cover place and paid for my cover. I still haven't seen it. The boat is at the glass guy's place. He's supposed to have it done tomorrow, but I don't know when I'll get back down to pick it up.

Cuda, give me a shout when you get back over here, or if you want help getting it back to you.

fish

Jerry Eisele
09-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Fish!! Whats the HP on the new motor???

Fish boy
09-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Hey Jerry,
The motor was a 3.0L 200, but the deal fell through. It was going to be temp power, until November when a few more ponies jump on the back of the fish barge. WHo knows, I might even be able to pass one of the donzi deck boats. LOL Still on the trailer for now though. :(

Fish

Fish boy
09-20-2004, 08:33 AM
What's that??? I hear a heart beat in the deal. May work out the black pill yet... more to follow ;)

Jerry Eisele
09-21-2004, 07:14 PM
I think your boat looked and ran great when we ran to Long Boat last winter, but more ponys are always a plus. :superman:

Fish boy
09-22-2004, 08:04 PM
thanks Jerry, that was a fun run. You should come back this winter (or any time) when it gets too cold to boat up there. Mar vista is always warm and sunny :)

Jerry Eisele
09-23-2004, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the invite. That was the best part of our vacation!! :cool:

Fish boy
01-22-2005, 06:59 AM
The new black pill is here!!!! hauled it up to a warehouse I have while I get the donzi ready to rig. Pics to follow in the next few days. Hope to start on it next week and be on the water by next weekend.

Fish boy
01-22-2005, 07:06 AM
here is a hint...

ToonaFish
01-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Ohmigawd, Fishboy is going to strap the STD to the back of the fishboat...

Jamesbon
01-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Nice! Can't wait to see this.

Do you have a hyd. jack plate? I'm picking up a porta bracket (scissor jack) for the Rabco today and may have my Bob's jack plate for sale if you need one...

Fish boy
01-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Nice! Can't wait to see this.

Do you have a hyd. jack plate? I'm picking up a porta bracket (scissor jack) for the Rabco today and may have my Bob's jack plate for sale if you need one...

might be, I have a manual w/ 10" setback (probably too much), and a hyd that is on its last legs.. How much set bacK? How much vert lift? how much$$$?

thanks,

fish

Fish boy
01-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Ohmigawd, Fishboy is going to strap the STD to the back of the fishboat...

hehe, not this time. The new pill has a lot more HP than the one on the STV, and should run at least most of the time.

Jamesbon
01-22-2005, 10:30 AM
I'll check on all that stuff tonight.

Is this your fish boat or...?

bronso
01-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Hey Fishboy,

Is that possibly the 250Pro XS????

Fish boy
01-22-2005, 03:29 PM
I'll check on all that stuff tonight.

Is this your fish boat or...?

Yep, for the fishboat... might be able to keep up with a few of you for a change ;)

Fish boy
01-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey Fishboy,

Is that possibly the 250Pro XS????

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .. could be :D

gcarter
01-22-2005, 03:55 PM
might be able to keep up with a few of you for a change ;)
Jody, you'll only be able to beat me for about another two weeks. :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

:wavey:

Fish boy
01-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Jody, you'll only be able to beat me for about another two weeks. :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

:wavey:

George,
as much time and effort as you have spent restoring your boat, I would not have it any other way. At least I will have two weeks :)

Donzigo
01-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Fishboy, heck, strap something on the back of that Donzi Island awaits you.

Jerry, make the trip back to Florida. You've always got a ride with us. I still have heart skips thinking about the wave David jumped in his 22 that day. And, I laughed when you and wifie said, "No our daughter would rather ride in the 22 than with us old kats. She was a sport, for sure.

Richard

Fish boy
01-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Richard,
its coming...beleive me, its coming. Maybe I can talk trey into seeing the light and getting rid of those dishwashers he has on the back of his boat too. LOL

Jerry, Looking forward to seeing you and the gang down here... DonzigoJr has a new boat is anyone wants a ride ;)

Donzigo
01-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Hee Hee , Fish, Trey doesn't go out in his boat much anymore. I think he's a bit snakebit with those Fitcht engines. It just seems like the Bombardier Corp. Just can't get it right.

I was hoping to work on mine today. Too cold, and I have developed a leak in both engines right where the hydrolic hoses go through the outdrives. Small drooling leak; but, it fills the engine room fast. I can;t figure out exactly where it's coming from. I have the Merc books,and they don't show any bushing or rubber seal where the hydrolice hoses goe beneath the Y-pipes. Can't figure out where the leak is coming from.

Fish boy
01-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Hee Hee , Fish, Trey doesn't go out in his boat much anymore. I think he's a bit snakebit with those Fitcht engines. It just seems like the Bombardier Corp. Just can't get it right.

I was hoping to work on mine today. Too cold, and I have developed a leak in both engines right where the hydrolic hoses go through the outdrives. Small drooling leak; but, it fills the engine room fast. I can;t figure out exactly where it's coming from. I have the Merc books,and they don't show any bushing or rubber seal where the hydrolice hoses goe beneath the Y-pipes. Can't figure out where the leak is coming from.

THey sure seem to not be able to get it right, Im sorry to hear he is backing off on boating because of them.

Did you get a chance to work on your boat?