PDA

View Full Version : When does Michigan usually get their first snow?

Lenny
09-13-2004, 10:12 AM
As I sit here 2400 miles away, waiting, daily, for a call from A-1 Boat Transport, I am getting very frustrated. I was curious as to when the weather closes in there and "my showing up due to this Company failing to get it" would no longer be a viable option?

turbo2256
09-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Although not always true in the Detroit area I usaually figure on snow by Thanks Giving

Rootsy
09-13-2004, 08:40 PM
hey.. my favorite team is WHOEVER is playing U of M.. those pansy ass whiney bastards that they are... just goes to show ya.. money can't buy EVERYTHING ;)

oh lenny lenny lenny... it all depends where you stand within the state that determines snowfall timing... i've seen it snow in september and in may here... in DA UP EH...

SE michigan... as Turbo said... mid November or so for a dusting and such.. maybe a few inches..

Western shore of the lower you can get heavy snowfall early... late october sometimes... due to lake effect off of lake michigan.

i am happy with snow right around November 15.. it is fun until about january 1 since i don't have a sled... after that it can all go away... huntin season is over ...

JR - in search of da tirdy pointer eh

gcarter
09-13-2004, 08:59 PM
hey.. my favorite team is WHOEVER is playing U of M.. those pansy ass whiney bastards that they are... just goes to show ya.. money can't buy EVERYTHING ;)

I remember in '86 working for Hydramatic in Ann Arbor, the town (and of course UM) adopted the Sandanistas (the Commies) in Central America.....you would have thought they lost a close family member when the capitalists won the first free election. ;)