PDA

View Full Version : 50 hour mark this season

fasttrucker
09-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Ive gone 50-hours on the hour meter so far this season.This is our third season with donzi and the most yet!So far this year ive broken...Speed conrol thing that,stainless steal part that goes in the water, hit a board/log bent that backwards.
...Also had the engine hatch C/Breaker under my dash go bad.So, not too bad for me.as in last year when I tore the top of my Bravo-1 outdrive off. :bawling:

The Hedgehog
09-16-2004, 04:59 PM
I logged about 35 hours on a worn 97 model 502 mag! I am considering refreshening the engine next year and moving up to a blower. I figure that some mods will get my maintenance cost up.

What mods have you done? I have a 1997 27ZX non-stepped hull and would also like to see 70+. Moving up to twins is not a viable option these days so I like the built up single idea.

fasttrucker
09-17-2004, 11:05 AM
My motor had burnt valves and was eating oil bad,so i went to my meck.who does about 16 motors over the winter.C.M.S. racing.We sent the block to a machine shop had block resurfacing,valve job,cylinder head resurfacing,Hone Cylinders c+p crank,ect.I bought crane cam set-up, Gold rockers,push rods,From TEAQUE marine.Then we took off the fuel inj. to go with holly double pumper + victor jr.intake manifold set up took off the ecm/computer to install dist/coil also put in a timing chain made in germany.Had already put on stainless marine performance exhaust, had to go with staight pipes out the back as to not get water in the motor due to the craine cam.I think iam making 500 to 550 hp.

fasttrucker
09-17-2004, 11:14 AM
I have a 1998 28zx with the step-hull.Iam going 75-80 mph.Forgot to put that in.Your 1997 non-step should get over 70 if you spend the money on the motor.Ive done lot of other upgrades to the boat.$4463+$5665+$1500+$818+$640.Iam afraid to add these bills up.I might start to think about that vacation to disney :sombrero: I didnt go on.

The Hedgehog
09-19-2004, 09:32 AM
That is moving pretty good for a large single engine boat.

fasttrucker
09-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Yes,It moves along! :biggrin: On the Jackson Marine Poker Run,w/a boat loaded.I was running side by side with a 33zx.He has twin stock 496HO,s.The 33zx could run in ruffer water better then me,also his cruise speed has higher.My boat also sends up a lot of spray,in your face,as I dont have a windsheild.But on the plus side my boat payment is about 1/3 of his.Good luck on getting your boat to perform better,you cant beat the step hull design that donzi uses.Maybe you should think of moving up to one?

The Hedgehog
09-23-2004, 04:30 PM
:banghead: You are probably right. I will probably take the 5-8mph beating of a less efficient hull for now. My ultimate goal is to move up to a 33

The problem is that is I occasionally do a cost-over-the-long-run analysis vs modications, vs ect. over various amortization schedules ect. It makes me go hmm!