PDA

View Full Version : Good luck stains

JP BRESCIA
09-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Whoever said being sh$t on by a bird was good luck obviously didn't have a boat with white interior. Over the past weekend, a bird crapped on my white seat. I cleaned it promptly and didn't give it another thouight. Earlier today I discovered that a light brown stain has appeared in the spot. :frown: It was fine after I cleaned it.
Does birb crap have something in it that will cause this after the fact?
Has anyone dealt with this in the past??
What treatment can I use???

Thanks....

very lucky man in SJ

GKricheldorf
09-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Well if it is anything like female dog urine buring grass it may be acidity level. Try some baking soda and water to cut the acid. Then maybe try an upholstry cleaner like orange glo. I'm only guessing.....

BUIZILLA
09-09-2004, 01:49 PM
JP, you know a guy named Jim D' Allessandro from the Marlton/Jackson/Atco area by chance??

Jim

Dr. Dan
09-09-2004, 03:20 PM
:cool!: JP...Try 303 Aerospace Sun Protectant, most Marine Stores Stock it...it cleans and protects.....use a Micro Fiber Cloth to Clean it, the fiber has 90% more surface contact than a typical Terry Cloth Towel or old T Shirt.

We use Micro Fiber Cloths in all of our Carpet Cleaning Kits at Mohawk Industries...."I am a believer"

Doc :shades:

Stan
09-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Try some " Soft Scrub" with bleach. Maybe let it sit for a few minutes. Available at most supermarkets. I use this on my seats and then apply a UV sealer. Works just fine.

Stan

mattyboy
09-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Becareful with bleach products they are hard on stitching,
I have used meguiars hot rims in small amounts on the towel or rag on white interior removes those hard stains pretty good

Sagbay32
09-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It is a sponge that will remove almost everything I have thrown at it and it has not damaged anything. It seems to clean all by itself.....It's magic.

My wife made me a believer.
Mike

ToonaFish
09-09-2004, 09:04 PM
I second Sagbay's Magic Eraser... it's awesome and safe to use just about anywhere. (Though the true test will be if it can remove red toenail polish from white seats before Digger sees the marks!)

Patti
09-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Oh I LOVE that Mr. Clean Eraser!

That thing gets all kinds of stains off just about anything.

I have a 16 year old son and trust me..he isn't the neatest kid there is :rolleyes: I'm always using that damned eraser on something lol

Ahhh, gotta love teenagers! :D

JP BRESCIA
09-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Prior to posting this tread I tried the Majic Eraser and the Clorox Pen....but it did not do very much.
Doc. I applied the 303 a few weeks ago and I am wondering if there was some sort of chemical reaction with the stain causing it.
I am going to try the baking soda recommendation and 303 as a cleaner tomorrow.
Buizilla... I live very close to Atco..can actually hear it when the wind is right... but I do not know him. I have heard of his last name and I think I can picture it on a truck door as a company.

Thanks for the suggestions....I keep the interior in my house when not in use. I am hoping some time in the sun will help it... :shades:

BUIZILLA
09-10-2004, 06:34 AM
JP, my buddy had a performance shop for boats and cars before you get to Atco Dragway, on the right, on Jackson Road. Not sure he's there anymore or not.

JH

gold-n-rod
09-10-2004, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestions....I keep the interior in my house when not in use. I am hoping some time in the sun will help it

I had a similar problem on my white vinyl. A multitude of cleaners couldn't get the remaining stain out. After a few weeks of sun exposure..... no more stain.

Hope that works for you.

another Randy

Jim
09-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Last weekend I had a tube leave a blue stain on one of my seats, I also have white seats. I took the seat home with me to try to clean it but wasn't have much luck. It was one of those stains that looked like it had been there for some time, the tube was wet and it was really humid that day so I guess the dye ran. My wife told me that hair spray lifts stains really well, its the alcohol that does it but make sure you get the aerosol type. It didn't take it out in one shot but after 4 or 5 apllications it lifted the stain out. I immediately applied a vynl protection to it since I'm sure the hair spray really dried the vynl out.

I'm hoping either the eraser or soft scrub will help me get rid of some of those mildew stains, does anyone have any suggestions on them? Who knows maybe the hair spray would work on those as well.

Good Luck, Jim

I

Sagbay32
09-10-2004, 03:43 PM
I also use Armor all cleaner (the one withy the light blue spray top). It works great on the hull and seats IMHO.

M

Last Tango
09-11-2004, 06:51 PM
I have some orange stain on my front seats. It comes from the life jackets. I just leave it there. Sort like a nice leather patina. But mostly 'cause it'll return the next time I go boating. I use nothing to clean it. Looks like I don't clean it.
(Now all you clean-freak purists can grind your teeth). Like my Porsche, it ain't for SHOW, it's for GO.
It's only my opinion. I could be wrong.

JP BRESCIA
09-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Well.... I tried all recommended remedies. Oxiclean did the trick. :D I let it soak for an hour and then rinsed very well.
I thank evryone who pitched in.

Buizilla... The only performance shop I know near the Atco Raceway would specialize in the Buick GN. He put out quite a few 1/4 mile burners. There was also a guy not too far away that leased the garage from a Texaco station that also worked on performace boats. I don't remember his name though...