PDA

View Full Version : Zero Cavity NEW Crew Member

gerry
04-25-2001, 03:38 PM
Mr.Gene Drago was a great asset on our first National race in Daytona. We realy worked hard to put a good show and Gene was able to perform great in all areas of boat racing.
Gene you are the best.
Dr.Gerardo Santiago
Driver/Owner
Zero Cavity Offshore Racing www.zerocavity.com (http://www.zerocavity.com)

Forrest
04-25-2001, 04:20 PM
Go GeneD!!!

------------------
Forrest

Dr. Dan
04-25-2001, 08:51 PM
GeneD, Very, Very Cool! Congrats...Dr. Dan

pmreed
04-25-2001, 11:28 PM
Gerry,

It was a pleasure to meet you at Daytona. Sorry I didn't see more of you guys after Friday night, but I couldn't find you. Saw you racing Saturday. Looked to me like after your first familiarization lap you really started flying. Too bad about the shortened race due to the airplane mishap. I look forward to seeing you at the next venue.

No surprise that GeneD was an asset. We all know that here on the Donzi boards!!

Phil

Looped
04-26-2001, 06:56 AM
Way to go Gene! What do you think, throttle man next year for Gene? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

Craig

GeneD
04-26-2001, 08:16 AM
Aw, shucks guys! I was just doing was comes natural to me.
What a learning experience! Yes, I worked hard. I worked one butt cheek off in the pits and in the staging areas, the other cheek came off partying. Pinnacle was the VIP lounge at the Hilton, free food, open bar, beautiful girls! Never seen so many "enhancements".
I met so many nice people. Cigarette Racing Team really is a class act. SternLock Offshore Racing Team are a bunch of really great people. Everyone treated us with respect and it was really exciting to be rubbing elbows with all the greats.
We took an un-offical second place, but we were DQ'ed for a BS sticker placement on the bow.
Throttle man next year? I think Dr. Ochoa is doing a fine job, and it will be his as long as he wants it I am sure.
I would like to think that Zero Cavity and 007 Offshore Racing Team will be competing next year, but that is just daydreaming right now.
Oh, and one more thing...the new 377 Scorpion engine is the baddest thing to come out of Mercury in years. It really is one bad ass motor.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 04-26-2001).]

Frank Civitano
04-26-2001, 04:34 PM
Gene. Time is paying off! I knew one day something good will come back to you, You are a on great guy. There is nothing like being involved. And Dr Santiago is one great guy to be with. Gerry You got the Best!! Gene we wish you all the best in the world see you soon
Frank and Melissa Civitano

BigGrizzly
04-26-2001, 08:53 PM
We are all proud of you. I'm sure you were a big asset to the team effort. This is no surprise to me because You ARE a team player. All the best and a great future is ahead of you.

Always a friend

Randy

GEOO
04-26-2001, 09:07 PM
Great Job Gene!!! Hope to see you at one of these upcoming events. GEOO

GeneD
04-26-2001, 09:32 PM
I know y'all can't see, but I'm blushing...
You know, I didn't mention the airplane crash that ended the Saturday race. I watched it crash! This plane, it's a marine wildlife watcher...was circling around, and then it comes parrallel to the beach, lower and lower and lower.
Holy smokes Batman! It's going to crash!
Sure enough, the damn thing touches down on the beach, salt water spraying to either side, people scattering in front of it like ants. (From where I was, 7th floor of the Ramada that is what it looked like.)
It cartwheeled to the left, and nosed over.
Ended the race. But the fun began, with all the cops and ambulances and people all over the place, right on the sandy beach of Daytona. Wild! It was a fitting end to what was one of the weirdest days of my life.
And I haven't even mentioned the Parking Lot Nazis at the Speedway.
"I said STOP working on that boat, NOW! I said NOW! Do you hear me? NOW!!!!!!"
"...yes sir, right away sir..."
"I said NOW!"
"Alright already! I heard you the first time!"

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Dr. Dan
04-26-2001, 09:58 PM
Wow, sounds like a scene from a couple of movies I've seen. Any pics? Love to see some...Doc

Kent Perroux
05-03-2001, 08:06 AM
The plane that landed on the beach was "Sea-Plane". Interesting that he could not find a some water nearby without young children in the way.

GeneD
05-05-2001, 08:44 AM
There is NO way that guy could have landed in the water, all would have been drowned.
The water that day was BIG!
They said 6-7 footers in the race course, and bigger breakers by the beach.
Can't wait for Ft. Meyer's, anyone going?
KentP, how about you?
Spitfire Dave?
Nate?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

BigGrizzly
05-05-2001, 04:57 PM
I agree with MP. I hate this term but P.....error, can't even type it.

Randy

GeneD
05-08-2001, 07:37 AM
Scott,
Never said the guy was NOT an idiot...I agree he is...I really don't have any ideas on where he should have landed that hunk of junk, only I know he would have never been able to land in the water.
One of my buds is a pilot for a local airline, we were talking about it, and he said the same thing you did, until I told him about the wave height that day. Then he kinda shuffled his feet, but continued on to say this guy's record as a pilot is smeared forever...

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida