PDA

View Full Version : Bilt=Rite seats getting made,..colour please :)

Lenny
09-09-2004, 01:44 AM
I have a '74 X-18, light blue (the only blue back then) original gelcoat hullsides. The new front seats from Bilt-Rite are being covered and I NEED to know what the colour was from back then or the suitable replacement now. My same vintage GT-21 is the SAME colour and it is (basically) the Tropical Blue. Bob has conveyed that it was probably Regatta but that looks off. :confused: Can someone help me that knows? The Tropical looks GREAT alongside the GT-21. It MUST be what was origanally done. Thanx in advance, Lenny :)

Sample and boat pics below...I can't see this boat, and now it is shrink wrapped, so give me a close "guess" please 'cuz I am having these done anyway. :)

1996Z15
09-09-2004, 06:28 PM
I think the Tropical Blue would look the best but have no idea what would have come from the factory. Can't you just do them however you want? In the end you are the one who has to like it right?

Lenny
09-09-2004, 08:12 PM
I am only doing the front seats, they are completely new, new glass, new hardware sliders etc. I want them to match the back one, but I don't have accesss to the boat. :( That is my dilema.

Tony
09-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Of course it is not my money, but maybe do all the seats to be sure of a perfect match. Does Bilt-Rite charge more for piping? I think piping looks real good...tropical blue seats with white piping...lookin' good Lenny!

boldts
09-10-2004, 08:31 AM
Lenny, just my perspective from the little bit I saw the boat between Cincy and St.Clair. Please don't spend your money on my faint recollection of the color though. Scott Baxter has a X-18 done in the light blue. I believe it is all original also. He may be one of your best resources on the color to use.

I believe the color you want is the Tropical Blue. Those 2 light blues appear to be very close in color. You figure in the fact that with weathering, the gel blue on the boat is probably a little lighter also from the years.

Any chance you can send the swatches to Bill? If he still has your boat in storage, he could do a up close color match for you even if the shrink wrap needed to be stretched just a bit. :yes:

Lenny
09-10-2004, 08:41 AM
I think I have bugged Bill enough Scott. :rolleyes: The boat is in the warehouse at the Marina, wrapped and waiting for this pathetic shipping Company to load it. I was just trying to get the seats done, (all that is needed now is the two front seat covers stitched) so that when the transport does come through this boat will ony be a few hours away from a good ride in the chuck with another front seat passenger. I am getting both front seats done to match whatever is in there. I don't want to do the back at this time if I can help it.

boldts
09-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Sounds then like you've answered your own question Lenny. Get the front buckets done in the color you like and when money or time allows, do the back bench. You being a gel man, can always redo the hull sides and stripe when time allows. I agree though, get out and enjoy your toys while you can. Aint no one going to come down on you just because the colors don't exactly match. In their heart, they'll be wishing they owned your X and it was them driving the boat!

BUIZILLA
09-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Lenny, your starting to sound like your looking for the ultimate prom dress.. :biggrin: :umbrella:

JH :cool:

BUIZILLA
09-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Lenny, your starting to sound like your looking for the ultimate prom dress.. :biggrin: :umbrella:

JH :cool:

Lenny
09-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't never be caught dead in pink Jim, it doesn't go with my blouse. Tito, pass me a tissue :eek: