PDA

View Full Version : Hey Donzigo

Cuda
09-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Yesterday when I came down here to St Pete, I decided to go ahead and pull the Minx with me and have the full cover made at Florida Boat Tops. I didn't have a phone to call ahead, but I decided to take my chances that he had room for my boat. Luckily, he did, although he had no power at the shop. I dropped the boat there yesterday. There was a guy there working on a boat. As I was pulling out, I saw that his business was doing fiberglass repair on boats. I talked to him about touching up some of the chips on the Minx. I went over the boat and put blue tape on the spots I wanted done. The guy said that some of the small spider cracks were probably not worth doing. I agreed and told him to just do the one's I had marked. I thought about it all night, and then decided to not half step and have him do every imperfection he could find. This morning I had to deliver tile to a job not far from his shop. I didn't get all of it on the first trip and had to make a second trip to the tile place. On the way back to the job, I guess I just spaced out and found myself on Haines Road. I drove by the boat top place and saw the fiberglass guy was there again. I stopped and told him to go whole hog and fix everything. While I was standing there talking to the guy, guess who showed up. Yep, Donzigo Jr looking to get a top made for his boat. He sees the glass guy, and damn if he didn't know him. He said he's the guy that does all your repair, Charles Wilson. DGJr said he's known him since he was ten. I told Charles right then that if he could pass your inspections, he was definetely the guy I wanted to do my work!

Turns out the boating community is a small world. :)

Fish boy
09-09-2004, 06:04 AM
Cuda,
what is the address. As soon as these hurricanes stop, I am going to be looking inoto a cover for my boat. SOunds like this guy comes pretty highly recommended.

fish

Cuda
09-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Fish, I typed the wrong name earlier, it's actually Florida Boat Tops. Talk to Tim or his dad Hugh.

Florida Boat Tops Inc
Address: 5200 Haines Rd N, St Petersburg, FL 33714
Phone: (727) 525-7733

Donzigo
09-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Yeah, Charles Wilson is the right guy to do any fiberglass work. He IS the best I've ever seen. Everybody knows him around here. He does it one way - the RIGHT way - no shortcuts, no changes, He won't do it any other way, you can't talk him into it. I've tried, no dice.

I've spent over $20,000 with him over the years. He's the best. the biggest repair was my Z-25 that sunk. It was a bill of $14,400; but, it was alos so good, you can't tell where the problems were. You'll be happy with his work.....and yes, I am very careful who I have do work for me.

Donzigo Jr. has indeed, gone a different way. He's got this blistering fast Talon, he bought. It's 18 ft. I rode with him and stopped him at 60MPH. Too fast for me, He went over 90 yesterday at Lake Seminole. It's a cool boat, for sure. Fishboy, I think you're the next likely rider in this rocket........so say's Donzigo Jr.

Cuda
09-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Donzigo Jr. has indeed, gone a different way. He's got this blistering fast Talon, he bought. It's 18 ft. I rode with him and stopped him at 60MPH. Too fast for me, He went over 90 yesterday at Lake Seminole. It's a cool boat, for sure. Fishboy, I think you're the next likely rider in this rocket........so say's Donzigo Jr.

He told me not to tell, that's why I didn't specify what boat he had. :wink:

Cuda
09-09-2004, 12:23 PM
So much for his "need for a more family oreinted" boat eh? :D

TBroccoli
09-09-2004, 12:32 PM
I thought he was selling the boats to buy a house.