PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Race boat.

Steve Harwood-Stamper
09-08-2004, 02:37 AM
I couldnt find where to put race connected stuff so if theis is in the wrong place please move it.

Recently we had the P1 race come to the south coast of the UK.

It was very rough.

Here is the Donzi in action....

boxy
09-08-2004, 07:40 AM
Those are great pics. Thanks

Steve Harwood-Stamper
09-08-2004, 12:02 PM
The Pro pics are here
OSG Donzi team win at Brighton UK 2004 (http://www.powerboatp1.com/gallery.ihtml)

We have some too on our little forum:-

www.pontoontalk.co.uk (http://www.pontoontalk.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=166)

boldts
09-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Steve, thanks for the pics. That 1st one blown up would make a fine addition to any members Donzi wall. That is some serious water to be racing on....Just what a Donzi is built for!

Steve Harwood-Stamper
09-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Your'e right about that Donzi for sure , it was built to race hard. I watched the whole thing from the beach.

It was a very destructive day. A lot of vintage stuff was unesasarily wrecked. The race should not have run IMHO.

Please take a minute go to the brighton P1 link in the other post .

The truth about a what a Donzi design can do is in those pictures! They are free downlaodables @ 1624*1028.

Steve

Jerry Eisele
09-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks!!! Great pics.

MOP
09-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Really great shots, unbelievably tough conditions. Thanks a bunch for posting them!

Phil

Team Jefe
09-08-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm finally NOT in the UK for awhile and that is where the race boats go. :boggled:

Great shots Steve. thanks for sharing.

Fish boy
09-08-2004, 10:06 PM
wow Steve, those are some really fantastic shots!!! THank you for sharing them with us.

Fish

mphatc
09-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Awesome shots . . did anyone notice in the first picture that they were waving from the cockpit???

probably smiling too!

Mario

gcarter
09-09-2004, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the pictures.
Fabio Buzzi has always built some intersting colorful machinery.
I loved the ones a few years back with the large amidship wing. You gotta give a guy credit for being innovative! :eek!:

harbormaster
09-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Thanks Steve for the cool links. That site that offers the full size photos is better than anything I have seen in the states.

boldts
09-09-2004, 02:07 PM
gc - those would be Super Hawaii powerboats. Got to see Buzzi down in Key West when he raced that design. I saw him earlier in the Alantic City World Championships which was the last time everyone was under APBA. Had this cat running diesel engines and surface drives. The props had like 6 or 7 blades. That was my first chance to see a World Championship. I was just amazed at the stuff those guys hauled around with them. Al Copeland brought 2 or 3 boats, exotic cars, motorcycles and the onterage. Don Johnson racing a cat was also there that year. A friend that was with me got his copy of Searace autographed by the writer while we were there. The Transatlantic record holding boat was there. Great memories. Sry, off topic, but they just don't do them like that anymore.