PDA

View Full Version : Down but not out

Cuda
09-07-2004, 10:59 PM
As MP said, we are without power, phone, cellphone, and worst of all, no cable!

All in all, we fared pretty well. Had one big limb fall out of the giant oak in the back yard. It clipped the house on the way down, but no damage. Luckily, the only glass that I boarded up was the sliding glass door, and that's where it hit.

Neighbor across the street didn't fare as well. He has a big old live oak next to his driveway, so he moved all his vehicles beside his house, and several of his neighbor's water oaks came down. One damaged his wife's Expedition, and another completely covered his daughter's car.

The first picture is a picture of the neighbor's car, you'll have to take my word for it that the car is there, because it is completely covered.

marcdups
09-08-2004, 04:47 AM
Glad to hear you are OK, BTW the PUP in the pic does not look impressed, put it a burger on that grill :eek!: ;) :eek!: .

Hope that Ivan misses you, if not it looks like you may need :lifeprese :lifeprese :lifeprese

florida gator
09-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Glad to hear your doing well Cuda.

Things here are slowly getting back in order. More business open everyday. Shorter gas lines. Today ooked like a parade going through town with the power company trucks. They say they may have all power restored by the end of this weekend.

Cuda
09-08-2004, 05:38 PM
We finally have service on Debbie's cell phone at home, and that makes it much easier on us. I'm still in Pinellas County at my freind's house. I think Ivan may cause some havoc here in the Tampa Bay area, but I imagine it will hit up on the panhandle. Now I get to worry about my parents that live here. Definetly the worse summer of my 41 years in Florida as far as weather goes. :frown:

Fish boy
09-08-2004, 06:23 PM
We finally have service on Debbie's cell phone at home, and that makes it much easier on us. I'm still in Pinellas County at my freind's house. I think Ivan may cause some havoc here in the Tampa Bay area, but I imagine it will hit up on the panhandle. Now I get to worry about my parents that live here. Definetly the worse summer of my 41 years in Florida as far as weather goes. :frown:

Hey CUda, glad to hear you are OK. You guys have had a rough few weeks over there. Hope Ivan decides to be original and not hit where charley and frances have already tread. stay safe,

fish

gcarter
09-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Hang in there Joe!
We're all back up and running!!!
Power came on this evening, now we just have to get the house cooled down and dried out. :)

MOP
09-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Glad to hear things are improving a bit and sure hope Ivan bears left and weakens, Mexico can use the rain you guys have had more than your fair share of the Nasties!

Phil