PDA

View Full Version : Mercruiser II

picklefish
09-05-2004, 07:46 PM
I've got a 1967 Mercruiser II and I'm trying to figure out the drive ratio. Though I've rebuilt lots of outboards, when it come to stern drives, this is the first one I've ever touched. Anybody know where the serial number is located? I couldn't find it on the inside of the transom plate or anywhere on the outdrive. Most likely it's hiding right in plain sight.

GKricheldorf
09-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Underneath the "Mercruiser" sticked on the top of the drive. It should be stamped into the metal.

Rootsy
09-07-2004, 12:18 PM
with it being of late 60s vintage i highly doubt it is on a decal on the drive. chances are you are gonna have to figure this one out the ole mechanical way... not tooo long ago there was a thread on this and i did a little dissertation on how to accurately find your drive ratio... check it out...

Forrest
09-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Good luck on finding parts. Most, if not all, Mercruiser II parts are NLA.

picklefish
09-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Yeah, parts concern me, and I haven't seen any Mercruiser IIs for sale anywhere so picking up an extra for parts looks difficult. I see from the old factory manual that some of the trs outdrives used Mercruiser II transmissions and some used Borg Warners. Do you know if the trs cutout and bolt pattern matches the Mercruiser II cutout and bolt pattern?

Forrest
09-09-2004, 04:59 PM
The Mercruiser II used a round cut-out hole and stop-sign looking transom plate which is different than anything else.