PDA

View Full Version : What is with the crazy Donzi's lately???

Ranman
09-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Here's another wild Blackhawk. In Michigan no less. A late model 22 with no windshield and solid white. The boat needs a boot and deck stripe IMO. I would be interested in what was added to bring the total cost to $135,000...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2489021772&category=31271

Mr X
09-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Dyno at 840 HP.........
Yea right, PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!!

And notice the 0 transactions and no feedback.....

Rootsy
09-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Screw Crack,

Someone has been hitting way too much acid...

JR - IT LIVES AGAIN!

ToonaFish
09-05-2004, 09:16 PM
JR - IT LIVES AGAIN!

But did Patti?

Ranman
09-06-2004, 02:42 AM
I'm not sure, but I'd be willling to bet that for $95,000 (assuming the boat is an original blackhawk "rocker" hull worth $40,000) I could reinforce the stringers, add full hydraulic steering and throw a blower on the 502. If that baby puts out 840HP, that's one hell of a sleeper moter for sure. I like the reference to "triple digits" too. Makes Ted's 93 sound wimpy. :eek!:

mattyboy
09-06-2004, 07:08 AM
I think he meant the Spaldeen brothers you know the guys who make the pink balls you play stick ball with,
do you hayseeds know what stickball is ??? :) ;)

spinelli bros are the prop guys and I have one so my boat just went up in value :yippie:

this will sit for a long time just like the 58k 16 in Texas,
both nice boats but just a lil high and outside for ball one

Fish boy
09-06-2004, 07:10 AM
But, it has custom Spaghetti Brother props guys...
LMAO :biggrin.:

OK, the guy is completely full of it and there is no way I would think about this boat with teds boat for sale for less when teds is probably alot closer to the claims of speed and hp than this will probably ever be.

But, I am curious if donzi really built an all white black hawk. It also appears to have some if the goodies he claims even if they will not produce the goods he is claiming.

Agree with randy on the stripes, but not a bad looking boat. Guess he needs to sell it to support his crack habbit. LOL

Anyone email him with questions yet...could be fun ;) :biggrin.:

Ed Donnelly
09-06-2004, 07:19 AM
He didn't say it was worth $135,000 He said he had $135,000 in it.. If it was me, I would put the money in the bank, rather than under the cushions..Ed

txtaz
09-06-2004, 07:27 AM
"this will sit for a long time just like the 58k 16 in Texas"
A 58k 16 in Texas....where, where.....Ohh wait, I have a 14k 18 that's a better deal right? But with all the upgrades I've done, I would let it go for a bazillion dollars. Any offers?
Wes

BUIZILLA
09-06-2004, 07:37 AM
do you hayseeds know what stickball is ??? :) ;)Matty, i'd pay $100 to see you play stick ball... :cool: Hell, i'd pay $250 to watch you and Tux play stick ball against each other :yes: :biggrin: :umbrella:

JH :idea:

boxy
09-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Matty, i'd pay $100 to see you play stick ball... :cool: Hell, i'd pay $250 to watch you and Tux play stick ball against each other :yes: :biggrin: :umbrella:

Matty vs Tux
Come on up to the 1000 Islands next year, there is a huge parking lot, with lots buildings nearby...........
I'm sure we could even figure out some sort of wager type thing :D,

jeffnstef
09-06-2004, 08:08 AM
I've seen on TV where they are talking about $150,000 for a motorcycle ( American chopper the Trim Spa bike ) and $500,000 for a Hot Rod ( some Great American Hot Rod Build Off something or other )

If you open your check book there is someone out there that will tell you he is building you the most radical what ever you want.

I cant wait to see the first boat with 6 LCD monitors !

RickR
09-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Could be a guy I've met on Charlotte Harbor a couple of times from Mich that is a Donzi fanatic. He lives on a 5 mile long lake that has 12 Donzis on it :)

He gets along well in the wheelchair, last time I saw him he was piloting a new 40'+ a BAJA with BIG engines.

Nice fellow, he always stops and talks Donzis when he sees me in the Classic. :beer:

Must be an awesome 22.

mattyboy
09-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Matty, i'd pay $100 to see you play stick ball... :cool: Hell, i'd pay $250 to watch you and Tux play stick ball against each other :yes: :biggrin: :umbrella:

( hayseed translation)

cover to cover ( manhole cover to manhole cover),sewer to sewer( storm drain to storm drain), fungo ( self pitch) or fastpitch???

I'm up for it I think I get find a few spaldeens ( spaldings)
It was alot more fun when i used to saw off my Dad's broom handle to play, now I have to use my own ;)

and the boat is nice but as said before needs stripes wonder how the auction will go

:) :) :)

boldts
09-06-2004, 11:31 AM
hummm I think it's pretty clean looking in all white. Has it's flying by you, would you really care what color the stripes were? I like the fact that a man in a wheel chair isn't letting anything keep him in that chair. The X dimension is surely a blackhawk boat. Just wondering how all these hot set-ups seem to get to MI. There are so many cool Donzi boats up there!

BigGrizzly
09-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Thoes custom CMI headders were customized to look like Stainles Marine. He isn't smoking anything just not telling the truth and making up stories. tell you what offer him the $135,000 with the clause if it doesn't perform the boat is free

olredalert
09-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Guys,

-------I met the owner of this boat on Wednesday at the Woodward cruise. He drove in in a 1971 Chevelle convert with a 454 crate motor that was really sweet. I saw him pull in and admired the car and then turned away. A bit later two fellas came up to me and my Grand Prix and asked about my Cigarette plate. The younger of the two was in a wheel chair and the other was his dad. Both were really, really nice guys. I cant remember his name at the moment but the younger of the two lost the use of his legs in a DONZI accident (different boat as he has had several new DONZIs) and is confined to his chair, but it doesnt slow him down a bit. He does a bunch of the work himself and everything on the Chevelle was very tidy. He also has a very stout Cigarette at his place in Florida.
-------I believe that this boat is everything he says it is. He may be guessing at the top speed because he hasnt had it up all the way, but I think he truly believes it can do it. All the special features are as he stated. I havent seen the boat but I would bet on it. Not everyone has perfect use of the written language either. Certainly not me. Please, lets give him the benefit of a doubt as I have already seen a bit too much sniping going on. I know, I know, its not probably been with bad intentions but it still has been a bit mean.
-------I havent mentioned anything about price, but if this was your boat and you wrote the check that paid for it Im willing to bet you would like to get as much back for it as you could. The guy who really wants to buy this Blackhawk probably knows about and visits this site. Im not sure we should be quite as vocal about whatever thoughts we have had about value. I am sure no one here wants to kill a deal with an ill-timed joke.
-------Hope I havent irritated too many with this rant. If so Im sorry in advance...........Bill S

Mr X
09-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Guys,

-------I met the owner of this boat on Wednesday at the Woodward cruise. He drove in in a 1971 Chevelle convert with a 454 crate motor that was really sweet. I saw him pull in and admired the car and then turned away. A bit later two fellas came up to me and my Grand Prix and asked about my Cigarette plate. The younger of the two was in a wheel chair and the other was his dad. Both were really, really nice guys. I cant remember his name at the moment but the younger of the two lost the use of his legs in a DONZI accident (different boat as he has had several new DONZIs) and is confined to his chair, but it doesnt slow him down a bit. He does a bunch of the work himself and everything on the Chevelle was very tidy. He also has a very stout Cigarette at his place in Florida.
-------I believe that this boat is everything he says it is. He may be guessing at the top speed because he hasnt had it up all the way, but I think he truly believes it can do it. All the special features are as he stated. I havent seen the boat but I would bet on it. Not everyone has perfect use of the written language either. Certainly not me. Please, lets give him the benefit of a doubt as I have already seen a bit too much sniping going on. I know, I know, its not probably been with bad intentions but it still has been a bit mean.
-------I havent mentioned anything about price, but if this was your boat and you wrote the check that paid for it Im willing to bet you would like to get as much back for it as you could. The guy who really wants to buy this Blackhawk probably knows about and visits this site. Im not sure we should be quite as vocal about whatever thoughts we have had about value. I am sure no one here wants to kill a deal with an ill-timed joke.
-------Hope I havent irritated too many with this rant. If so Im sorry in advance...........Bill S

olered,
no Ill will intended......to you, the seller, or anyone else.

I do think that the ad on ebay it is misrepresented....whether
intentional or not, the seller has a responsibility to accurately
list it. If it is truly dyno'ed at 840HP.....I hope he has the dyno sheet to prove it. Otherwise he would be liable....and could be sued after the sale. Same goes for the triple digit speed claim as well.

TuxedoPk
09-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Matty vs Tux
Come on up to the 1000 Islands next year, there is a huge parking lot, with lots buildings nearby...........
I'm sure we could even figure out some sort of wager type thing :D,

The big wager will be on which of us gets stuck/wedged in the sewer grate trying to crawl down to retrieve a ball :)

Matty- These guys have probably never even played stoop ball...

boxy
09-06-2004, 07:19 PM
The big wager will be on which of us gets stuck/wedged in the sewer grate trying to crawl down to retrieve a ball :)

Matty- These guys have probably never even played stoop ball...

I've never played stoop ball, but I've played a lot of "shoe-golf" :D

Bad-Tat
09-06-2004, 07:29 PM
If that's a true Blackhawk hull, it will be a real handfull in the triple didgets!! Would like to see that run!

McGary911
09-06-2004, 08:01 PM
whatever it happens to run, looks like a pretty interesting Donzi for sure. Custom Donzi trailer tho.....by Eagle......that, im not so sure about......hey, ya never know....i cant afford it tho.... :)

Formula Jr
09-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Folks, He said,

"1995 DONZI 2+3 Blackhawk surface drives one of a kind triple digit plus boat.

I have over $135,000 into this boat."

"Drives." First you can assume it isn't a twin, cause there's pictures.
Second, triple digit can mean anything. He doesn't state speed, nor the units of measure.

Third He said Dynoed at 840hp. He didn't say for how long that engine was "dyno'ed at 840hp," Nor did he say anything about torque. There's little electric motors that can be dyno'ed at 840hp.

Third, "Liable" as a legal construct doesn't apply here - in my opinion. He isn't making statements on a legal entitie's character.

However, some of you might be and should stop it. And thank god I'm not a sysop.

Kids,... think a bit before you type.

BUIZILLA
09-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Okey dokey...

I've thought quite a bit before I typed this... got out my calculator too..

I agree with Ted's basic dissertation. Nice boat, well done, but an enthusiastically overwritten ad, with some diction clarification needed... And, i'm sure the guy is a straight up guy, that believes what he has, and what it *can* do.

I've owned a few 509's in my time, and I know what it takes to get 1.65 hp per cube out of one. It is possible to do it, but NOT on pump gas, and he doesn't say what kind of fuel is required to make the 840hp. We ALL know the boat hasn't been tested over 100 yet, he believes it will be CAPABLE of it though. Key word *capable*. I'm sure nobody on this board would be willing to be the first to try it either, even GEOO...

The workmanship appears superior in a lot of respects. I like the *stock appearing* engine compartment sleeper look myself.

I just can't rationalize that $135,000 number no matter what I input into this calculator though. I keep coming up about 50k short somehow.

JH

105mph_38_2003
09-07-2004, 01:53 AM
How much power can a BH drive safely handle? How hard is it to find parts etc?

blackhawk
09-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Wow, being a little hard on the guy aren't we? Depending on what he's done to the boat that he didn't list, he could have $135k into it. Also depends on what he's "counting" in his calculations. If he bought the boat brand new that's a good chunk of it right there. And if the motor did dyno at 840hp, he could have a huge amount of money into the motor alone. We all know how the little stuff can add up!

And if it is a 800+ hp boat. I have no doubt it will run over 100 in the right hands. Hell, give me the right conditions, a helmet and a lifeline jacket and I'll try it! :boggled:

mattyboy
09-07-2004, 11:28 AM
First let me say I think this boat is quite interesting and looks to be in great shape. and I'm sure the seller loves this boat and has dumped money into it. I don't think anyone is being hard just giving their thoughts and feelings on the boat

But anyone here who doesn't know that when you modify a boat and put your hard earned cash, sweat, elbow grease and your time into it the chances of recouping all of it is not a reality, ask Ted, Scott Pearson, Rootsy , Big Grizzly to name a few that have untold bucks and hours into their boats wether on engines or finishes, that when it comes time to sell a good part of that "Equity" is lost.

Now pay someone else to do it and see how much it costs :eek:

I would love to see someone run this boat and see what she can do, how much HP is Geoo running to send an 18 to 120 mph?? is 840 hp enuff to send a 22 to 100 mph without all the stuff Geoo needs to keep the boat stable??
Remember the guy with the blackhawk who went to a bravo to make it more controlable??? I'll leave that question to the BH guys, but from what I heard and seen here they take more "skill" to keep under control in the 80's add 20 mph what would they be like??

the starting bid is 54k I've seen a few 22s higher than that with less, doesn't look like there is a reserve but we might not see that til a bid is posted
I wish him well , I just think this is a value in the eye of the Buyer /seller thing

and everyone knows
how I feel about windshields and stripes :) ;) so I'm 50/50 on this boat

:biggrin:

Lenny
09-07-2004, 11:42 AM
I for one, CAN'T imagine going 100 in a Blackhawk. :eek: I find 80 seems to be an absolute handful and instant response is required if you wish to keep the hull side facing down. I also don't think a Blackhawk drive isn't going to like 800+ ponies for very long. They seem to have enough trouble with 500.

Now, what about props. Since they are like hens' teeth to find, and come in basically 29-31" configurations, where are you going to find a set of wheels that will load up 800HP to keep her in the 5200 rpm range? 415hp/502's with 31's spin to red line already.

Very nice boat tho.

blackhawk
09-07-2004, 12:02 PM
The control issue really depends on the water. In confused waters with a lot of boat wakes the blackhawk can be a handful. There is a fine line you have to ride to run hard and fast in the confused stuff.

Now, in good chop from wind it's a whole different story. Give me some good 2 ft chop and let me run with it and it's WFO and the boat feels great. In fact that's when my boat runs the best.

And as far as a blackhawk handling that kind of power that's definitely pushing it. I would never do it. But, a blackhawk with upgraded gears stronger than a lot of bravos out there.

Cuda
09-07-2004, 11:47 PM
I was thinking along the same lines as Lenny. Where would you find a BH prop that could put you over 100?

roadtrip se
09-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Those aren't "stock" Blackhawk props on there.

My concern would go one step further on drive failure timing.
What happens if the drive decides to pop on one of those holy grail, reaching for the brass ring speed runs?

A driver's boat could become a submarine in a quick hurry.

Blackhawks aren't for amateurs any way, but even the professionals should have a desire to live!

Todd

blackhawk
09-08-2004, 08:31 AM
I agree it's way too much power for an upgraded blackhawk or a bravo. Some common sense would definitely be needed to know when to open it up and when to take it easy! Still a sweet boat. But a blackhawk is no harder on internals than a bravo is as long as you're not re-entering with the power on.

As far as loading the motor to get 100. A 1.36 ratio with some custom 33-34 pitch props puts you there and then some.

Ranman
09-08-2004, 08:39 AM
some custom 33-34 pitch props puts you there and then some.

Ahhhh... That explaines the $135K.

blackhawk
09-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Ahhhh... That explaines the $135K.

LOL, exactly! Those custome props could have been $20k alone! ;)

MAXCAT
09-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Tom, the guy that owns this boat lived on my lake until a few years ago. I have no doubt that he has that much into the boat as he bought it new as a special order boat and does not do anything half way. We all know how prices add up. It is the only all white blackhawk that was made, but not the only all white donzi. He has owned numerous Donzis in the past, and lost his ability to walk in an extremely fast 18 classic (dark green and white - a real beauty). I have seen this boat run on many occasions and have no reason to doubt his claims. He is a true Donzi enthusiast, someone should give him a call he loves to talk Donzis.

Mr X
09-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I have added up the numbers at least 10 times,
if he has THAT much money in the boat, I will make him a great deal on some prime Florida waterfront land I am selling. :embarasse

Lenny
09-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Ted, on a side note,... is that piece of property still even there? :D

It looks like Ivan might require you guys to break out the dead chickens, drums and chants once again. :(

Mr X
09-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Ted, on a side note,... is that piece of property still even there? :D

It looks like Ivan might require you guys to break out the dead chickens, drums and chants once again. :(

We are PRAYING this one goes out to sea.......

blackhawk
09-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Hmm, twice the gears, twice the prop weight, 2.5 times the prop blade surface area... But no extra load on the drive?? :boggled: :eek: :boggled: :eek:

Twice the gears? Last time I checked my drive didn't have 10 gears in it! :biggrin:

I see what you're saying though. The drive has to swing more weight so it is getting loaded harder. But, keep in mind that the extra gear and bearing on the propshaft is there to support that, just like in a Bravo III. So, when driven properly, I don't believe the blackhawk is any harder on internals than a bravo.

My opinion is that the blackhawk is much harder on internals when you start getting air under the drive and re-entering with pwer on. Now those 31" props are submerged and no longer at the surface and biting HARD which in turn shocks and stresses the whole drive. Just my $.02.