PDA

View Full Version : XMas on the San Antonio...Parade

txtaz
09-05-2004, 12:36 PM
I had an idea of getting Donzi's in the Annual River Walk Christmas parade on the San Antonio river. It goes from the River center through downtown SA. Thousands of people come out to see it. Plus, lot's of dignitaries and pagent girls ride on the boats. I would assume they would prefer to ride in a Donzi than a flat bottom tour boat. It is a very nice area and would be quit an event. Also, it is a putt putt event, as in idle the entire way.
Give me ideas, suggestions or just your thoughts.
Thanks, Wes

gcarter
09-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Sounds like fun. Can you imagine the noise down below street level?

farmer tx
09-06-2004, 01:41 AM
:cool: :us-texas:

Big Pimpin
09-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Gonna turn dis motha out, on da real. BP bringin it, jus hope SA can handle a blingin donzi packed wit shorties!

Patti
09-09-2004, 11:17 AM
I lived in San Antonio for awhile.

What a great city..The Riverwalk is awesome :)

ChromeGorilla
09-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Never been to Texas....sounds interesting....what are the dates?

Team Jefe
09-09-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure what BP just said, but is sounds like he's in...so I'm in too, I can get a zoot-suit, diamond studded shades and big feathered hat and go Pimpin' with the best.

Besides, I don't think Jefe's Revenge is going to fit on the SA River.

Craig S
09-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Our chapter (Southwest Chapter) of the ACBS did it for about 3 years. The weekend after Thanksgiving - when they turn on the Christmas lights downtown over the river walk. Quite an ego trip. Especially the major networks and their bright lights for the live video. Lots of starting and stopping. very slow idle speed. And everyone took dignitaries. More than my 292 Y block Ford deserved. Craig;)

Team Jefe
09-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Craig?, oh Craigy boy?...Are you coming to PK?

Yes?, good that's what I thought. :yes:

txtaz
09-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Nice to see we have some interest. I will get the times, contact info and some depth info in case someone is bringing a bigger boat.
Craig, would you guys be interested this year? Also, where did you guys put in?
The date is Friday, Nov. 26.
CG, Come on down. Texas is a fun place to see.
Wes

Craig S
09-13-2004, 12:01 PM
I'll talk it over with the SW Chapter guys. Jeff Asmussen - ACBS memeber living in San Antonio - coordinated it for us in the past. We launched on the riverwalk. The ramp was fine (for inboards), but it did curve when backing down. Craig