PDA

View Full Version : night boating on the bay!

fasttrucker
09-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Last night I went out with another couple.We had 3-young boys with us also.We have the boat up here in North East md. this weekend. so we went down around turkey point up the C+D canal to the cheasapeake inn.Cool Sunset! we had old bay pizza,crab+shrimpfor dinner.The band played disco. :eek: hey!Anyway Ive never boated here at night, but had no trouble finding my way home and not hitting the cans!I ran the donzi as slow as I could and still stayed on plane.I was a little uneasy as it was really dark..Lots on stars but no moon. The season is almost over up here.It started getting cool after dark.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Truck, you were a great host when we was up to buy the boat, boat south, it is warmer :)!
Buy a trailer.

We boated Smith Moutain Lake this past holiday weekend (242 mile fairly easy tow), and yes we towed the 33. Your welcome down here in Tuvell land anytime... Just lost my best friend of 2 ZX's to a 35 Fountain... he doesn't own a trailer either. Great investment if you have a tow vehicle.

We are looking at boating to Deltaville on the 18/19th.
Bryan

Garyw1
09-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Trucker you should try there on a Friday or Saturday night during the summer. Place is full of muscle boats till about midnight. The noise when they all leave is just wonderful, if you don't live there. And yes most are responsible, about drinking I mean. Anyway nights on the Bay are great been doing it for years.

fasttrucker
09-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Yes,I should buy a trailer and head south,maybe to sarasota for this years party....bryan,I loved that picture of your poker run.Seeing your boat out of the water was really sweet!...GaryW1 we went on a saturday night and had to anchor out.Used the water taxi to the bar.Lots of good looking women!It was a lot of fun.For driving at night,I would like to get a gps map set up on my donzi,maybe next year. ;)