PDA

View Full Version : Road to NCAA Football Championship

boldts
09-04-2004, 09:45 PM
As Florida is being hit by another hurricane in just 3 weeks, the NCAA football season has begun. The road to the championship has begun. Here in Ohio, the Ohio State Buckeyes did us proud today. Our friends from that state up north, Michigan U won big today as did most of the favorites. Last years national champion #3 LSU was sweating against Oregon State, but pulled out a win in OT.

Ohio State
1-0-0

boldts
09-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Whew, a real worry in Columbus, OH today with the Thundering Herd of Marshall coming into the Shoe today. Ohio State won in the last 2 seconds with a 54 yard field goal by Nugent. We stay in contention for the Big 10 title and the NCAA Championship. Our friends up at U of Michigan loss today.

2-0-0

ToonaFish
09-11-2004, 08:20 PM
I'm officially blaming all grey hairs that resist the blonding stuff on Coach Richt.

I've seen better high school teams than today's effort from the Dawgs. It's going to be a loooong season.

florida gator
09-13-2004, 07:28 PM
1-0-0

We're off to Tenn.

Go Gators!!!

boldts
09-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Well, it wasn't pretty at N.C. State, but the buckeyes pulled out a win making the most of what was given to them. The road to the Championship continues with the Big Ten Championship beginning next weekend.

3-0-0

Fish boy
09-19-2004, 07:39 AM
.. and if they last long enough in the BCS to play the hurricanes at the end of the season....
:jestera: :rlol:

boldts
09-25-2004, 10:44 PM
No game in Columbus this weekend. I think every company picnic or wedding happened today since it is an off week.

We stay 3-0-0 for now.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6124

ToonaFish
09-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Georgia had a bye week.

Or by week.

Was off.

Bunches,

Celene 'why is it called a bye week?'

boldts
10-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Holy MadCow batman! The Big Ten season opens and the Buckeyes lose 2 in a row? Folks aren't happy in Columbus, OH thats for sure!

Not much chance for any Championship this year. We're just hoping to get invited to a bowl game somewhere warm now. That doesn't even look good since we still have games against teams like Purdue and Michigan. I guess we're in a rebuilding year this year. At least that is what I'll tell ya if you ask me!

Hope everyone elses teams are staying in the hunt. And yes, I'll still be running a Bowl Game Challenge again this year! I like the game to much to not at least watch the games!

3-2-0 and hiding...

MissRepublican
10-11-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm holding out hope that my winless Beavers of Oregon State will be the spoiler and knock off USC on Nov. 6...but I doubt it. Sheesh, they are in the sewer....

Looking for a new team.....

Darrell
10-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Texas, once again was no match for the Sooners, and we are heading north to avenge our loss last year to Kansas State.

If you didn't get a chance to see our true freshman runningback (Peterson), he rolled up 225 yards on Texas, and he has had over a hundred in his 1st 5 games.

GO SOONERS

RedDog
10-12-2004, 07:12 AM
yeah - peterson is scary :eek!:

Fish boy
10-12-2004, 07:34 AM
If you didn't get a chance to see our true freshman runningback (Peterson), he rolled up 225 yards on Texas, and he has had over a hundred in his 1st 5 games.
GO SOONERS

heck, he has at least 500 yeards in his first 5 games. LOL Hard to beleive he is a true freshman after watching him. really scary. The truly impressive thing is that a lot of those 225 yards were after the 2nd, 3rd, 4th hit... against a good texas team. If he were a junior, I bleive there would be a lot more heisnman discussion about him.

The flip side is... he is only a freshman an until last week, most teams are probably not making stopping him the primary focus of their game plan. More than likely, Texas had pass packages in most of the game. We will see how the rest of the season plays out for him, but OU has so many weapons he still may not see an 8 man front for the rest of the year.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... hurricanes can strike Oklahoma and California as easily as the florida coast... best get your plywood ready, it may happen "sooner" than you think. ;)

ToonaFish
10-15-2004, 12:01 AM
It aint over... till it's over :D :D :D

GO CANES !!

Any grey hairs you find in the mirror this week should be dedicated to that plucky Louisville team...

Bunches,

Celene "glad I don't have your cell programmed into my cell... I'd be eating a big old crow right about now"

RedDog
10-15-2004, 07:57 AM
Grey hairs have been plucked..

was that a Kentucky team that worried you so? surely not a Kentucky team...

If UT can win out (big if since that would include a re-match with Auburn in SEC Champ.) I can see a Miami v UT BCS bowl matchup (4 vs 3). UT's strenght of schedule should lift them pretty high in the end IF...

Fish boy
10-15-2004, 08:07 AM
UT v. Miami would be a good bowl game, but not giving up hope yet of Miami getting a crack at another Nat'l championship.

boldts
10-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Must agree, that Miami/Louisville game Thursday night was a dandy!

Today, the Buckeyes lost another to Iowa. We're 3-3-0 and 0-3 in the Big 10. In the 4th quarter we finally got to see our backup QB. Kid named Smith who took the team down the field and scored a TD. Zwic may not be the starter next week as Columbus isn't very patient or forgiving when it comes to their college football team.

At least I had NASCAR to watch tonight to keep the spirits up. Go Dale Jr.

slick
10-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Louisville is still in shock after Thursday Nights Game............
Congrads to Miami :beer: what a come back to win in the last minute. That maybe the best game all season, at least to date its the best college game I have seen this season.
GO CARDS !!!

boots122
10-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Yea, finally a win in Columbus, OH today. (Borrowing Mom & Dad's P/C) Keeping the fingers crossed that there will be a few more the year?

Boldts

Darrell
10-31-2004, 01:59 PM
Well how did your teams do yesterday, I know the big three in Florida went down along with the two Kansas teams. My Sooners gave OSU two early Td's due to special team mistakes and nearly lost. What a crazy weekend (I guess is the season).

One bright spot continues to be our freshman runningback (Peterson), he has had his best games against ranked teams. If they don't give the Heisman it's because they have bias against freshmen.

Shout out to the Texas Tech Raiders and the Baylor Bears, for beating KSU and Texas AM.

RedDog
10-31-2004, 05:39 PM
the silence out of the state of FL is deafening. I guess they are all to busy studying how to vote/punch a ballot this coming Tuesday????

boldts
11-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey, a bright couple of weeks in Buckeye country. We're 5-3-0 now. Will the winning ways continue? We have some tuff Big Ten teams coming up the rest of the season. Mich. State gave Michigan a scare this week, but just didn't quite have enough. That OU - OSU game was a nail biter for the Sooner fans.

In the NFL, Pittsburg ended the N.E. Pats win streak, but everyone was probably still riding the Red Sox high. :)

MissRepublican
11-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Number one ranked USC is playing my Oregon State Beavers at home in what appears to be the "Fog Bowl."

GO Beavers!!!

(I'm flashing back to winters in Corvallis...rainy and overcast every day from October until May...and the football team sucked):umbrella:

MissRepublican
11-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Holy COW. Oregon State is leading the #1 team 13-0 with 9:02 left in the 2d quarter.

<Closing eyes and not getting hopes up>

Darrell
11-06-2004, 10:30 PM
GO.... Oregon State, I think OU needs the help in the BCS after today,
They are looking very good.

Darrell

PS. I was expecting the Trojans would pound the Beavers :jestera:

MissRepublican
11-06-2004, 10:35 PM
GO.... Oregon State, I think OU needs the help in the BCS after today,
They are looking very good.

Darrell

Laughing...things that make you go "hmmmmm"

Cuda
11-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Oregon State vs Stanford was the first college game I saw in person. I don't want to say how long ago it was, but Jim Plunkett was quarter back for Stanford then. :(

ToonaFish
11-07-2004, 10:24 AM

It took a while, but I finally got it!

Bunches,

Celene "the Dawgs did the same to the poor Wildcats, but without the benefit of, ah, er, 'offensive' protection... something about an endangered species"

MissRepublican
11-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Well, the fog lifted and USC came back to win the game. This is not a surprise. I guess the Beavers ran out of dry ice.

boldts
11-08-2004, 09:11 AM
YEA! Ohio State is bowl eligable as we move to 6 - 3 - 0. Next 2 weeks will surely test our ability to over-come a mountain. Maybe coach Tressle is watching our neighbors the Pittsburg Steelers who have gone back to good ol Smash Mouth football. I would have thought that Philly would have had a better game for the Steelers, but it just goes to show..... Everyone is beatable!

DONZI
11-08-2004, 04:49 PM
http://www.bceaglesfootball.com/index.html

Home of the World Champion Red Sox.
Home of the World Champion Patriots.

boldts
11-22-2004, 10:22 AM
The Buckeyes look like they'll be at a bowl in Texas this year. They finished the Big 10 season with a win in one of the biggest college football rivalries being held today. The Ohio State vs Michigan game almost always comes down to a trip to the Rose Bowl and or the Big 10 Championship.

7 - 4 - 0 isn't the greatest record in college ball, but to be able to say we beat Michigan will manage to get us through until next season when most of our players will be returning.

Ohio State did their part to keep Michigan out of Pasadena, but due to a loss by Wisconnsin, Michigan gets to go to the Rose Bowl anyway.

The Florida folks have been pretty quite also. Florida vs Florda State turned out to be an exciting game. Bobby doesn't lose very often, and looked like had many opportunities to win that game.

Oh well, even Miami knows that everyone can be beat on any given weekend.

I'll be putting together our usual College Bowl Game Challenge. Keep your eye out for it coming soon!

Fish boy
11-22-2004, 10:36 AM
quite down here cause not too much to say. Wen the canes lose even one game, it is a sub-par season. Glad zook beat FSU in Doke, something spurrier had a difficult time doing, and it should help him in his job search.

Got to hand it to the buckeyes. :beer: I am usually a fan of whoever plays them, but they looked as good as I have seen them look in a long time yesterday. They dominated michigan in every facet of the game, so my hats off.

Forrest
11-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Yea, as bad as Seminoles have looked lately, probably a decent high school team could have knocked them off on Saturday. :bawling:

Congrats to the Gators for their first win at Doke in 18 years, something Spurrier could never do, and for moving up in the ranks of the un-ranked.

Cuda
11-22-2004, 07:51 PM
I wonder if the Gators moved up. Last time I checked, they were ranked 64th. :rolleyes: :mad: :kaioken:

RedDog
11-22-2004, 09:19 PM
I wonder if the Gators moved up. Last time I checked, they were ranked 64th. :rolleyes: :mad: :kaioken:

Probably still behind the 3-loss Seminals. I guess thats the Bobby factor though....

And why is UGA ranked so far ahead of my VOLS after being beaten by the VOLS in Athens!

ToonaFish
11-22-2004, 10:08 PM
My, how quickly we forget a Vols loss to a unranked 6/4 Notre Dame?

(I won't add salt by mentioning it was a home game...)

ToonaFish
11-22-2004, 10:21 PM
I'll be putting together our usual College Bowl Game Challenge. Keep your eye out for it coming soon!

Looking forward to my third year of placing dead last. :D (Which takes a great deal of effort, actually.)