PDA

View Full Version : Yipeeee

Ed Donnelly
09-03-2004, 05:53 PM
I turned the pump back 180 and had water at idle. Took it out on the lake and disconnected 1 hose out of the thermostat discharge (pulled out the thermostat). At 2500 rpm NO MORE WATER. I have a 3 way valve that I can hook a garden hose up to for testing in the driveway, went back to the dock and pulled this valve apart. The spring was BROKEN. At 2500 rpm the pump creats enough of a vacumn that is was pulling the plunger down and stopping the water. Now running 160 at 4500 rpm and I am one happy camper. Thanks to all for your suggestions.....Ed

BUIZILLA
09-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Ed, don't feel bad.... that same valve on my 18 stuck in the closed position, ran hot as hell setting off the alrms ALL the time, and drove me crazy for 4 weeks, until I found it... then I take the one apart in my Minx to check it too, and find a restriction orifice in both ends of it, taking it from 3/4" inside down to 3/8" .... it's a wonder it flowed anything at all. I took both of the valves off both boats, and they both run better, pump more water visually, and cooler than ever.

JH