PDA

View Full Version : Speed Wax! If you sent $$ Read

MOP
09-02-2004, 08:56 AM
If nothing has come of the Speed Wax which I doubt it will!! It is worth a few calls and E-Mails to the both State and Federal bureaus below. This was done across state lines therefore it is also a Federal issue. The creep should not get away with screwing the Members.

Phil / MOP

http://www.human-services.org/agencies/n0013nysattorneygeneral.html

http://www.consumer.state.ny.us/page3.html

http://www.usdoj.gov/fraud.htm

Dr. Dan
09-02-2004, 09:06 AM
:smash: Phil.........Take a Sedative!!!!!!! The Gentleman not only sent the Wax...but returned my check as well. Although I have not been out of the water long enough to try the Product on the Hull. I will.....so let's not convict this guy!

No Harm done...so far, at least!

Doc :beer:

MOP
09-02-2004, 09:41 AM
Sorry I just read Poddles post about the seller sharing the same IP address with the only testimonial and figured the fellow did a nasty to the guys!

blackhawk
09-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Like I said, sounds like he was doing some creative marketing.

And even if he had taken the money and never delivered the product NO law officials will care. They have much more important issues to deal with.

customan
09-03-2004, 05:15 PM
thats funny guys ,enyone that thinks some wax is going to give you more mph ,well i wont say it ,but remember the old saying ' if it sounds to good to be true it probobly is ! how about, theres a sucker born every minute!

tmdog
09-03-2004, 06:54 PM
A fool and is money are soon parted. No disrespect intended.

TuxedoPk
09-03-2004, 09:39 PM
$19.95 or a 4oz. bottle at the local adult bookstore... Plain brown bag included. At those prices you can try both the Mango and the Strawberry flavors :crossfing

mattyboy
09-03-2004, 09:45 PM
$19.95 or a 4oz. bottle at the local adult bookstore... Plain brown bag included. At those prices you can try both the Mango and the Strawberry flavors :crossfing

maybe you should rub that on your prop shaft :eek:
maybe that will straighten it out :lightning :spongebob
and get rid of your viberation???

TuxedoPk
09-03-2004, 09:53 PM
maybe you should rub that on your prop shaft :eek:
maybe that will straighten it out :lightning :spongebob
and get rid of your viberation???

LOL- Oh sure, the RPMS will increase, I'll max out on speed, and then my boat will want to take a nap.

Actually I got the prop back from being balanced and reconditioned... the vibration has gone away.

I am still having a real problem where when I'm running at 4500-4900 rpm for a little while the rpms start dropping ... like down to 3000 and then I hear a popping sound.. like a backfiring. I've been keeping my eye on the tach and when I see it start droppping I slow her right down to 1000 rpms or so and wait a few minutes before running high rpms again. This has really got me stumped as to why it is happening. I'm thinking it is either the new Crane ignition, the new spark plugs, or a problem with the Holley dbl pumper which I can see leaking extra gas into the bowl.

mattyboy
09-03-2004, 09:57 PM
sounds like pre mature combustion!!! :tongue: :smileybo:

Rootsy
09-03-2004, 09:57 PM
LOL- Oh sure, the RPMS will increase, I'll max out on speed, and then my boat will want to take a nap.

Actually I got the prop back from being balanced and reconditioned... the vibration has gone away.

I am still having a real problem where when I'm running at 4500-4900 rpm for a little while the rpms start dropping ... like down to 3000 and then I hear a popping sound.. like a backfiring. I've been keeping my eye on the tach and when I see it start droppping I slow her right down to 1000 rpms or so and wait a few minutes before running high rpms again. This has really got me stumped as to why it is happening. I'm thinking it is either the new Crane ignition, the new spark plugs, or a problem with the Holley dbl pumper which I can see leaking extra gas into the bowl.

bring it on over tux... i'll fix er for ya...

JR

BUIZILLA
09-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Tux, you need to get a qualified mechanic to set the floats in BOTH carb bowls, with the engine idling at rest. If it does it after that, it's starving for fuel, and the popping you hear is a *lean pop* that will eventually melt something in a, say, not_so_friendly_ fashion.

JH :banghead:

TuxedoPk
09-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Jamie, The boat is not that far from Staten Island... If you're willing to come take a look at it... I'll be happy to purchase you tickets to fly out to NY for the weekend....

TuxedoPk
09-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Tux, you need to get a qualified mechanic

I agree 100% Right now I'm at a loss for where to get someome qualified. To give you an example of what I'm dealing with we charged up the batteries on the Doral today and the mechanic hooked up the water hose to the Volvo's water intake... no water came out.

I had to point out that the boat had high speed water intakes and the water should have been coming out the thru hull exhaust.

I'd be willing to bet that the problem I'm experiencing is a direct result of having my boat serviced. Jamie, MOP, RayJay... come on out... I can really use some knowlegeable advice and guidance.

mattyboy
09-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Tux, volvos only pump water at high speeds???
you need to get off the hudson, to someone who know's old boats

MOP
09-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Rich have you been able to contact Flat Racer? He is local to your fairly close turf, he should be able to send you to the right people!

RD

mattyboy
09-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Rich,
what kind of Mech are you looking for someone who knows hi po carbs, hi-po ignitions, and 30 year old outdrives??? or v drives??? there's only one guy I know who knows all that and more! he'll even tell you so!

TuxedoPk
09-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Phil- I don't know who FlatRacer is so I'll have to say no I haven't contacted him.

Matty-I agree with you 100%. I really need to find someone that I can trust mechanically and ethically. I'm happy to be learning a lot about how boats work, but I was hoping to spend most of this year gaining seat time and becoming proficient navigating, docking, etc. Can you email me who you recommend for this sort of work?

Blewbyu
09-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Tux-
The water pump is a long way from the water on a Volvo,and is pumping uphill.Idle speed will not prime the pump.GOOSE it good. If still no water,goose it once again.Still no water? Shut her down.You have issues.Too bad so many numbnut mechanics in the boat biz!!!!!!!!!! And usually $90 bucks an hour!! :kaioken:

mattyboy
09-05-2004, 08:27 AM
the older Volvos are a gravity water feed system ( water seeks it own level thingy)the ass end must be in the water all the way, there is no impellor in the drive so when you put muffs on it there is no suction to hold the muffs tight and suck water up, so most of the water runs out the side of the muffs and you need high water pressure to force water up thru the drive and to the pump, I have seen a volvo boat pump no water at all on muffs then dump the ass end into the water and pump plenty of water , try sticking the garden hose in the water hose going to the pump or better yet get a flush valve and connect the garden hose right there.

I wouldn't run the boat without water in the pump gonna take some life off the impellor, I have a flush valve just connect the garden hose turn on water when it comes out of the exhaust you're good to go.
valve looks like this. just put it inline in the water pick up hose going to the pump

TuxedoPk
09-06-2004, 02:07 AM
Lowered the boat into the water today.. So so results.

Engine 1 started right up- sounded great, water flowed out the thru hulls.. and dripped into the bilge... this will be fixed when all the hoses are replaced.

Engine 2 started right up- sounded great, no water flowing out the thru hulls. The center riser felt warm/hot to the touch compared to the other 3. Pulled the hose off the riser... water came out. The guy who runs the marina (significantly more knowlegeable from the mechanic) suggested that we 'acid wash' (I could be rephrasing him incorrectly) the riser that's giving us trouble and see if we can get her running properly so we can take a run and start finding ALL the issues that should be taken care of.