PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Donzi Sweet 16 - 'MANopause'

Dave Dunford
09-01-2004, 04:24 PM
A 1995 Donzi Sweet 16 Classic with a 4.3LX V6, Alpha 1 Mercruiser engine - this rocket will see 60MPH if you're naked and your sunglasses have plastic frames. It has spent its pampered life on Lake Muskoka and Lake Rosseau in Ontario, Canada. The boat has a white top deck with red stripe and a red hull. The seating is the classic Donzi 1plus3 bucket and wraparound arrangement in white with red piping. This beauty has been lovingly and professionally cared for all its life and has never been stored anywhere but indoors in a boathouse, never seen salt water or ever been on a trailer. The boat comes with a red cockpit cover and matching red mooring lines. Also included is a Clarion CD/AM/FM sound system with removable facia for security, fire extinguisher and required safety equipment. The boat has less than 120 hours of use and has never touched bottom. The hull has some very minor scuffs that will buff out and the logos on either side have a few nicks, nothing serious. This boat does not have a trailer and is FOB Lake Muskoka.
Asking $13,000.00 USD

boxy
09-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Hi Dave, is that 13K USD, or Canadian ??

Tim Morris
09-02-2004, 07:52 AM
Boxy, you beat me to it with that question.

Dave Dunford
09-02-2004, 09:36 AM
I've been playing around on ebay so long, I assume the whole world thinks in USD. The amount I've asked is in USD - but I'll sell it for $15,500.00 CAD - that's almost $1500.00 less than the exchange at todays rate.

Cheers!

ArtGuy

Ed Donnelly
09-02-2004, 12:22 PM
If anyone is serious about this, I am only an hour away and would be happy to check it out for you....Ed

Dave Dunford
09-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Well Ed - aren't you just the most obliging guy! Are you a DONZI expert, with your kind offer to rate and appraise 'MANopause' for potential buyers?

Personally, I would prefer if only serious potential buyers were the ones who came and took a look and a run - but HEY, maybe you're in the market to buy a Sweet 16 for yourself!

Dave

boldts
09-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Dave,

Just a little note to self here for you. Many Donzi potenial buyers would need to fly in to even see your Sweet 16. Many including myself would welcome someone closer to the boat to take a first look before they spend a lot of money to come see it in person.

Don't get me wrong, I also understand your point. You don't need someone with no intention of buying your Donzi beating, poking and proding all over your boat either. Just wanted to point out that I have in the past asked other members here to look at a potential Donzi I wanted to purchase. You might be cutting off the hand that could be feeding you.

Ed, I for one would just like to thank you and all the other members who have offered to assist me along with others on the board. That's what makes this website the best!

Cuda
09-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Say for instance I was interested, I would appreciate Ed looking at it before making that trip.

boxy
09-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Dave, there are 3698 members on this board, and I'd be willing to bet that if one of us was to buy it, you'd first be visited by someone from this board before the transaction took place.

As far as questioning Ed's Donzi knowledge, I've spoke to Ed, I know his boat, and if I was looking to buy your boat, I'd certainly take his word over the phone vs yours, no offence to you, I just don't know you yet.
Do a little research about this place, there is less than 10 of us from Ontario, before someone drags a trailer from somewhere south of you, I'm sure they'd like confirmation from someone they trust.
Spend some time here, it's free, it's fun, and when you decide it's time to get another Donzi, somebody just might save you a flight to Florida, Texas, BC, or even Ottawa .... :D

Good luck with the sale, your 16 looks great.

PS: read Ed's avatar, that plate is bolted to his boat, ask him about, it's a great Donzi story.

Dave Dunford
09-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Whoa!!

I stand corrected about a third party looking at the 16 prior to it being purchased or even considered by a distant interested buyer...the practice is news to me, but makes some sense.

Ed - my apologies to you – I meant to cast no aspertions in your direction or about your knowledge of such things - I'm simply not interested in 'hull kickers', this is a serious sale for me and I have no idea who you are or what you do...as you have no idea what I know about boats.

Maybe my approach in a case like this would have been to contact the boat owner first, present my credentials and ask if they'd like me as a technical go-between, as I live in the neighbourhood, with other members from afar.

I was just a tad surprised at you wading in from left field with your 'offer' to act as an expert on my boat. As I said - this Donzi has never seen any work done on it except by marine professionals on the lakes - much to my expense.

Cheers!

Dave

Dave Dunford
09-02-2004, 06:59 PM
So . . . for those who don't know me - that's me with the flying helmet and goggles (which I can highly recommend for going 60 with no windshield) about to terrorize one more squadie.

"...there we were, old Stinky and I, beating up the channel, all stops pulled out, looking for those damn Huns in the sun..."!

Sqn. Ldr. Dunny

boxy
09-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Nice headgear, I'm pretty sure Sen. Blutarsky, aka MattyBoy is trying to track one done right now ... :D