PDA

View Full Version : Cobra to Bravo swap

haolecrab
09-01-2004, 04:09 AM
I own a 1989 33 with 460 OMCs (Ford) and cobra drives. (not Kings) I want to swap the cobras for bravos. I can't find any info. How can I adapt the Ford engines to a Mercruiser transom assembly . I like the performance of the Fords, but (as many have said) the cobras are really a pain! Please help: I can't deal with the OMCs any longer! Thanks

MOP
09-01-2004, 08:36 AM
I think you will have to modify your bell housings to match the Merc transom shield mount positions, don't think that Merc did any big Fords Consider moving up to Kings there is one for sale in parts section plus they sell cheaper than Mercs and have been very reliable.

Phil

mphatc
09-01-2004, 09:02 PM
I believe you are out of luck. To the best of my knowledge there are no Merc Bravo to BBF bellhousings available, even aftermarket . in fact there is nothing for a SBF to Merc Bravo either, well except one here in NH :biggrin: :)

But I suggest you look for a King Cobra . . . . likely much easier !!

Mario L.

Craig Lawrence
09-01-2004, 11:34 PM
ya ai believe there is an article in a past hot boat mag detailing how to do a 429 to merc hookup. these guys in spokane wash. build some nasty bb. try Drew Marine 509- 535- 3393 good luk , I got a 92 33z 502s with tired kings got to do something with these drives , so I know what you mean