PDA

View Full Version : can someone give me insight on a 1989 Donzi F-18?

littleblue
08-31-2004, 10:50 PM
I just recently (maybe two weeks ago) bought a 81 Boston Whaler Montauk w/ a 99 Mercury engine. I've been slaving away the past to weeks to clean it up and kind of "restore" it, and I'm just about done. The thing is, the other day I (and my dad) saw a really nice 89 Donzi F-18 for sale. The hull looks brand new, gel coat still shines, all the chrome/stainless steel is rust free. It's got a 115 Johnson of the same year. Supposedly this boat has seen the water maybe 15 times in it's life and has always been garaged. It's also got a fish finder, gps, vhf, and some other extras. Trailer seems to be in great condition and has brakes. I believe the owner is an older gentlemen who is well off, who just doesn't need the boat any more. I bought the Montauk for 8.5k and I believe can now sell it for just a bit more. I think the Donzi is cleaner even after the clean up of my montauk. The guy is asking 11k for the Donzi. Any suggestions on wheather or not I should get the Donzi and sell the Montauk? Obvoiusly you guys will be a bit biased, but I'd still like to hear what you have to say.

I've been dreaming of getting a montauk for the past year and a half and now I finally have it. The only thing I was thinking of getting rid of it for is a 18 outrage of the same era. But my dad keeps telling me that this Donzi looks great and would be more comfortable. The montauk does pound pretty good, but again I figured, maybe upgrade to an outrage in one or two years. Can't get a nice 18 outrage for 11k though, at least in ca...what to do???? Any general info on these boats is appreciated as well.By the way, most of my boating is done in SF bay/coastline surrounding the bay.

marcussdtaylor
01-02-2005, 11:24 PM
So I just wanted find out if you ended up buying that F-18 or not and if anyone gave you any feed back. I just bought a 1990 with T-top and 150 hp 1998 Suzuki. Great riding boat. Anyway let me know how it turned out and what info you might have gotten.
I just recently (maybe two weeks ago) bought a 81 Boston Whaler Montauk w/ a 99 Mercury engine. I've been slaving away the past to weeks to clean it up and kind of "restore" it, and I'm just about done. The thing is, the other day I (and my dad) saw a really nice 89 Donzi F-18 for sale. The hull looks brand new, gel coat still shines, all the chrome/stainless steel is rust free. It's got a 115 Johnson of the same year. Supposedly this boat has seen the water maybe 15 times in it's life and has always been garaged. It's also got a fish finder, gps, vhf, and some other extras. Trailer seems to be in great condition and has brakes. I believe the owner is an older gentlemen who is well off, who just doesn't need the boat any more. I bought the Montauk for 8.5k and I believe can now sell it for just a bit more. I think the Donzi is cleaner even after the clean up of my montauk. The guy is asking 11k for the Donzi. Any suggestions on wheather or not I should get the Donzi and sell the Montauk? Obvoiusly you guys will be a bit biased, but I'd still like to hear what you have to say.

I've been dreaming of getting a montauk for the past year and a half and now I finally have it. The only thing I was thinking of getting rid of it for is a 18 outrage of the same era. But my dad keeps telling me that this Donzi looks great and would be more comfortable. The montauk does pound pretty good, but again I figured, maybe upgrade to an outrage in one or two years. Can't get a nice 18 outrage for 11k though, at least in ca...what to do???? Any general info on these boats is appreciated as well.By the way, most of my boating is done in SF bay/coastline surrounding the bay.