PDA

View Full Version : Donzigo Jr is selling his Classic 22 - 1986

Donzigo
08-31-2004, 09:56 PM
I can't beleive it; but he's selling his Donzi.

It's 100% mechanically and needs only a little work to be 100% cosmetically.

DonzigoJR
08-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Yes it is true!!! I hate to have to sell her but its about that time.....

About the boat....As my father said mechanically its 100% The engine only has about 35 hours on it.......Barely broken in!!! The engine is a 350 Vortec....Roller rocker cams......Gil Offshore exhaust!!!! The drive is a Alpha 1, Recently serviced and also 100%.....
All new Lavorsi gauges set in a carbon-fiber dash board......Stereo is one of the best you will see on a boat.....

Asking $13,500

Cuda
09-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Richard, are you going to make him change his last name?

rchevelle71
09-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Oh Man,

I NEED this boat, got any use for a bowrider on partial trade???

DonzigoJR
09-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Not a bow-rider but possibly a center console depending on the boat.........

If you need this boat though I dont want to be the one to stand inbetween you and the freedom this wonderful ride will give you.......Sell the bow-rider and lets get you on the water!!! :yes:

rchevelle71
09-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Not a bow-rider but possibly a center console depending on the boat.........

If you need this boat though I dont want to be the one to stand inbetween you and the freedom this wonderful ride will give you.......Sell the bow-rider and lets get you on the water!!! :yes:Oh well, it was worth a shot, I am dancing between a Donzi, and a 22 Center console myself, The CC makes so much more sense, but the Donzi is just so DAMN COOL!!!!!

The Bowrider is for sale, but not very actively, I like the boat for cruising the ICW, but its about time to move on, I will be getting more active on selling it now that I have a little$$ on the way to supplement a purchase, but was afraid of being boatless If I were too active before now.

DonzigoJR
09-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Go for the Donzi!!!!!! There no other way to ride!!!!! And this one turns heads from the minuite you crank the engine over!!!!!! Im only selling because the wife has talked me into buying her a house......Says my bachelor days are over for now......lol :shocking:

westwick99
09-01-2004, 11:17 AM
I noted your comment about what the wife wants... For me it wasn't the wife wanting a house that has slowed down use of the Sweet 16, it's packing the kids in, too. So therefore I won't give up, just convince her I need to add a 22 to the collection. The kids could hang on alright in that, don't you think?

How much power does your 350 generate?
:outtahere

DonzigoJR
09-01-2004, 12:02 PM
A little over 300 HP......I'm alright with selling the Donzi It just means next time I go bigger and stronger.....Thats really more the issue....We have a 5 year old and also a 4 month old. No space on the boat for all the chit.....

We just need to sell this one and start fresh after the house is taken care of. :cool:

TBroccoli
09-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Keep the boat. Buy the house. You can pay for it over 30yrs. P,B & J for 30yrs is ok. The wife and kids will miss the boat. I take the wife and 3 kids out almost every weekend in our 22 Classic. I tell them to pack light and hold on tight. They love it. My only problem is getting them in and out of the thing. An ugly ladder may be coming soon.

Good luck.

westwick99
09-03-2004, 09:04 AM
As others have said before, the market appears to be a bit soft at present. I am a typical buyer- already own a Classic, want to upgrade, want a 22, don't mind it having a small block, (really like your boat as well as the price) and would be saying to you, 'Hey! I'm a buyer and ready to come down to Florida to purchase-now!' but... the timing is bad as far as buying anything right now. Business revenues are a little soft, clients are hanging onto their money, so I have to do the same. Darn it! :bonk:
Good luck with your sale.

Sport
09-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Jr. say it ain't so ! ! !

At least you'll still have the PWC to ride.

We have to get out and go for a ride soon as all of these damn hurricanes pass by.

Sport.

If it's nice out Saturday I'll be out at Shell Island around 1 p.m.

DonzigoJR
09-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Its is so Sport......Come Take my baby girl home with you!!!!! You need a classic to match the ZX....And as you know this one is not in need of much.......

Dont worry sport I still have the GP 800 and I might have something up my sleeve for another day :pimp:

THIS BOAT WANTS TO GO TO ITS NEW HOME!!!!!!

DonzigoJR
09-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Ttt....

Cuda
09-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Hmm, need a bigger boat to accomodate the wife and kids eh???? :wavey: :rlol: :cistineb: :wink:

DonzigoJR
09-11-2004, 04:56 PM
ttt :wavey:

DonziMama
09-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Ttt;)

rchevelle71
09-15-2004, 10:29 AM
Does this boat come with a trailer???

I am Trying, got a lot going on right now with Hurricane damages, But trying to sell the wellcraft.

Rick

DonzigoJR
09-15-2004, 08:30 PM
It had a trailer but I got rid of it.....I wouldn't put a jon boat on it much less a beautiful machine like a Donzi....I have access to a trailer so I can get the boat to you or half way depending on where you live....I also have several people that I know that can get a trailer for you at a discounted price if it is necessary for the boat.

This boat will certainly be a nice boat for someone out there!!!

rchevelle71
09-16-2004, 09:03 AM
It had a trailer but I got rid of it.....I wouldn't put a jon boat on it much less a beautiful machine like a Donzi....I have access to a trailer so I can get the boat to you or half way depending on where you live....I also have several people that I know that can get a trailer for you at a discounted price if it is necessary for the boat.
This boat will certainly be a nice boat for someone out there!!!I have a good Aluminum under the Wellcraft that would work. I was wondering if I should hold on to it or not?? I am honestly trying to get it together to buy a Donzi SOON, but I am afraid it may take longer than you have to sell the boat. I have to take care of the important things first, The House, thanks to Francis, I have no fence in the backyard, and half of the shingles on the roof. If you still have the Donzi when I finsh the repairs to my home, I will see what kinda $$ is left, and EBAY the damn Wellcraft, or blow it out cheap if I have to!!! By all means Sell the boat if you have the opportunity, but if its around in a few months(which I doubt it will be), then we can talk, if I get a chance, I may take the Wellcraft to my buddies consignment lot, But it needs a little work before sold, I hate selling things Broken.

Oh yeah, You say it is 100% mechanical, and I believe that, but what kind of Cosmetic things would it need??

DonzigoJR
09-19-2004, 09:19 AM
I will be taking some pics today to reflect the boat as it currently sits......I just havnt had much time lately. I will take as many pics as I can to e-mail people that are interested.......

Rchevelle71.......Go luck on selling the wellcraft as I want you to sell it as much as you do;)

Cuda
09-19-2004, 09:31 AM
I will be taking some pics today to reflect the boat as it currently sits......I just havnt had much time lately. I will take as many pics as I can to e-mail people that are interested.......

Rchevelle71.......Go luck on selling the wellcraft as I want you to sell it as much as you do;)

Did you get your cover made for the new boat?

DonzigoJR
09-19-2004, 09:57 AM
I am suppost to be dropping the boat of tomorrow to have the cover made....How did he do on your cover?

Cuda
09-19-2004, 03:08 PM
I am suppost to be dropping the boat of tomorrow to have the cover made....How did he do on your cover?

I haven't seen it yet. The Minx went straight from his shop to the glass guy's shop. I should get over this week to pick it up.

rchevelle71
09-20-2004, 09:47 AM

Working on it, I have it listed here, and a few other forums. If nothing in a week, I will Boattrader it for a short time, if that doesnt work, it gets E-bayed. Unfortunately, not the best time to sell a boat, but it has to go, so I can move on, even if that means selling it cheap.

DonzigoJR
09-23-2004, 07:10 AM
ttt :moped:

DonzigoJR
09-24-2004, 07:26 AM
I spoke to someone over the weekend on the phone and lost there number.....If you happen to still be keeping up with this post please call me again. Im sorry I lost the number.....It was in my phone and got weeded out by the redicuolous amount of calls I get from work.... I want to try and set-up a time to get together when you and your family come down after the rally.......

rchevelle71
09-24-2004, 10:19 AM
I spoke to someone over the weekend on the phone and lost there number.....If you happen to still be keeping up with this post please call me again. Im sorry I lost the number.....It was in my phone and got weeded out by the redicuolous amount of calls I get from work.... I want to try and set-up a time to get together when you and your family come down after the rally.......
Jr,

Good Luck with the sale, My work(lack of) situation is going to keep me out of it for now. I have a potential 6 month contract position in Rivierra Beach, if something permanent, or this turns permanent, I will be back in the market.

Rick

McGary911
09-24-2004, 10:26 AM
I've seen David's boat, and it does not need a lot to be a very nice 22. Just some cosmetic stuff. The motor is nice, and runs strong. Sounds good too.. Good luck with the house hunting...

BTW, did I take that pic #3 in the first post? Good luck selling the boat....hope you're not Donzi-free for long.

DonzigoJR
10-01-2004, 08:33 PM
TTT :beer:

DonziMama
10-15-2004, 06:48 PM
I hate to see our Donzi go......Someone is going to get one heck of a good deal. This boat is really a beautiful, solid boat. I wish we could keep it, but it is not practical for a family with a newborn baby. We do look forward to owning another Donzi again in the near future!