PDA

View Full Version : The Lone Ranger of 1,000 Islands

Ed Donnelly
08-30-2004, 09:55 PM
The new sea water pump arrived from Vancouver at 5 p.m. Friday. WHAT A DEAL pump,pully taxes and express next day air $953. Midnight by the time it was installed. Found a hairline crack on the body of the old pump.Arrived Glen House Resort 9.30 Saturday morning. Could not launch the Donzi as cars were blocking the entrance to the ramp(big wedding today) Boxy called me,We are at the public docks in Gananoque, hurry on over..No charts, never been to 1,000 islands and blind in one eye. Made a wrong turn and ended up deep in the U.S.A. Frantic calls to Boxy and Mop. Finally arrived at Gananoque, no Donzis. More frantic calls. Boxy tells me where to get charts(Thanks Boxy) Mop says they can be found by looking for TINNN or somthing on a roof Very poor connection. Missed everyone,but no fear, they are heading to Potters Beach. Found Potters Beach but no Donzis. Wait, they are in Clayton. Found Clayton, no Donzis. Headed back to Potters beach, no Donzis. Back to Glen House. Of course I got lost again. 2 Hrs to find it. OH ! overheated over 2500 rpm , slow down to idle and temp dropped within 3 mins.Next year I am checking in with everyone else and will bring a 200' lead so I don,t get lost. P.S. I had several people ask me if I was with the big group of Donzis that were just there. I told them I was picking up the stragglers..Ed

Cuda
08-30-2004, 11:38 PM
That sucks. You should get an award for effort!

Dr. Dan
08-31-2004, 05:22 AM
:spongebob Ed....Sorry to have missed you....at Ganoque we musta waited 45 minutes at dead stick.....I can only imagine how lost you could get in the Islands....

Next year meet us at the Edgewood...we had a choice of about 4 local Ramps, the Facilities were Phenomenal....

Really would've liked to have met you...Good luck fixing the Gremlins....

Doc of Alexandria Bay :beer:

penbroke
08-31-2004, 07:18 PM
That DOES suck! I find it hard to belive they couldn't find a way to cross paths with you being such an informal event and all...

I have only been to two Donzi events and at both of those you could not have gotten away from the group if you tried.

Maybe things are different along the border.

Frank :frown:

boxy
08-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Frank, nice reply......

Ed Donnelly
08-31-2004, 08:12 PM
I would like everybody to know I was in constant touch with Boxy and Mop.. Once I picked up the chart I was good to go. BUT...When you see that the water is 130' deep and 400 yds away it is 3' deep you get a little nervous.. I really need my head examined for being in strange waters with one eye. I feel I was still part of the group, just in a different time zone. Shannon and I had a blast. She said it was like hide and seek..With the overheating problem I could only cruise at 3,000rpm for a couple of mins anyway. Once I get my little piece of paper from U.S. Customs, I will be good to go to next year..Still want MadPoodle to drive my Crit....Ed

boxy
08-31-2004, 08:20 PM
Ed you should have your "BFD" plaque :D by Friday.

Ed Donnelly
08-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Boxy.. :yippie: :yippie: ...Ed

penbroke
08-31-2004, 08:46 PM
Frank, nice reply......

If you are refering to my delay in responding to Mad Poodle, I was looking at a map if you must know.

After Ed dragged a boat 180 miles or so (assuming he came from Toronto) just to meet up with you guys it seems like somebody who knew the area could have gone and found him. It appears that you all were 5-10 miles of each other at the same time on the same body of water in fast boats and had communication.... That is my only point.

To respond to all the PMs at once: You're right, I wasn't there.

Frank

mattyboy
08-31-2004, 10:02 PM
ain't anybody hear of two ships that cross in the night???
it ain't lake boating out there :eek:

Extreme Measures
08-31-2004, 10:06 PM
Ed it's to bad that we missed you when those guys left Clayton we went to potters beach at around 3:30 and stayed until 6:00 their was my 33 and a 30 blackwidow you should have seen us rafted up in the beach.We will see you next year for sure Ed.Sorry again that we missed you Take Care Extreme Measures (Chris)

Tim Morris
09-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Dr. Dan (of Alex Bay) said 'dead stick' - here's what that looks like -