PDA

View Full Version : Gaffrig/Livorsi --Harley/Dinet Set ???

FJB20
08-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Don't Understand that whole Gaffrig & Livorsi Fight. Who Makes the Best Marine Gauges?? Looking to go GPS Speedo along with all new guages. Which models are the best in each line ie Gaffrig -Gaffrig 2 Livorsi - Livorsi 2 etc.
Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr X
08-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Don't Understand that whole Gaffrig & Livorsi Fight. Who Makes the Better Gauges?? Looking to go GPS Speedo along with all new guages. Which models are the best in each line ie Gaffrig 1 Gaffrig 2 etc.
Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gaffrig 2's SUCK! Very high failure rate and very inaccurate..

harbormaster
08-29-2004, 02:59 AM
Hey DonziGo. Why did you delete your post? It was a good read.

TuxedoPk
08-29-2004, 03:14 AM
I looked into this a few months ago and was very happy with my decision to go with Autometer vs. Livorsi. To sum up what I was told- Livorsi earned their reputation for quality products and customer service- they just had the Gaffrig name stamped on their products. Gaffrig's now got the name back but doesn't have the product or proven track record for customer service that Livorsi has.

BUT- From what I've heard and read (vs. know to be 100% factual), Livorsi gets their product from Autometer. At the recommendation of a board member I looked into these and was very pleased with the quality and price value over the Livorsi offering. I would strongly recommend comparing the Autometer and Livorsi to decide which you feel is most appropriate for your situation.

Without inferring anything disparaging to Livorsi at all, I liked the fact that the guages aren't the same as almost every other boat's guages...much the same as I'm happy to own Donzis and not Bajas or Bayliners. Either way, you're going to be happy and can't go wrong.

*Wait at least 45 minutes before acting on this information as there will be some more knowlegeable board member who can't sleep and will correct any misinformation I may have posted :)

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=AMGPSSpeedo

Cuda
08-29-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm just waiting to find out what the Harley-dinet set is about.

FJB20
08-30-2004, 05:59 AM
Harley / Dinette Set is one of the newer Harley Davidson commercials.

Cuda
08-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Harley / Dinette Set is one of the newer Harley Davidson commercials.

I guess I need to watch more tv! :biggrin.: