PDA

View Full Version : Local Clubs

Gulfbum
08-26-2004, 06:36 AM
I live in East Orlando and I was just wondering if there are any local Donzi clubs or organizations in my area or in Central Florida. I just bought a 1989 Donzi 25Z and I was looking for other local Donzi boat owners. Thanks for any info.
Frank

Greg K
08-26-2004, 07:04 AM
Welcome to the board...check out the events section for activities in the southeast and Florida.
You'll notice an informal group of Seadogs (Southeast Area Donzi Owners Group) in FL getting together throughout the year at several places.
Enjoy :wavey:

Gulfbum
08-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the info Greg

Fish boy
08-26-2004, 07:22 AM
Hey Gulfbum, welcome the the registry. THere are lots of us in the area. In or around O-town the ones that imediately come to mind (sorry if I left some of you out, my cafeine is just kicking in) Pmreed, Tidbart, Classique, Speed Racer, Jack... there are also a lot of us just to the west of you in the tampabay area including the guy in your avatar- Donzigo LOL Also Budmann, Clayman, Team Hula, DOnzigo Jr, James Bon, J&K Shabas, HP600sc... I know there are lots more and I am sorry if I left any of you out, the point is you are in a pretty donzi rich area.

Like gregK said, keep your eye on the events section for the word SEADOG. At times we get together on a whim, but there are also some big scheduled events including one of the biggest donzi events of the year called the hometown rally in Sarasota this October, and then the palatka get together in november.

Hope to see you at the events, and welcome to the registry.

fish

Cuda
08-26-2004, 07:28 AM
I'm just east of East Orlando. :)

Donzigo
08-26-2004, 07:48 AM
Ditto on that, Fishboy................

FYI: I lke that avitar.............it is the best picture ever taken of my Z-33, it was taken by Fishboy.

Hey, gang, it's about time we get together again.

Gulfbum
08-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Sorry Donzigo I will change it then. I need to get a pick of mine but haven't had the chance yet. To busy trying to get it into shape to take out into public....lol.

Gulfbum
08-26-2004, 08:30 AM
I am now a Florida Donzi Palm tree....lmao

Fish boy
08-26-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm just east of East Orlando. :)

Man, how could I leave one of the greatest donzi members of the list of locals??? Guess I was picturing orlando rowards tampa, but still...Sorry Cuda, my motor is not exactly running on all cylinders this morning.

Fish

gcarter
08-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Man, how could I leave one of the greatest donzi members of the list of locals??? Guess I was picturing orlando rowards tampa, but still...Sorry Cuda, my motor is not exactly running on all cylinders this morning.

Fish
er ummmh.....I live in this area too! :wavey:

Fish boy
08-26-2004, 09:09 AM
er ummmh.....I live in this area too! :wavey:

I am getting so much deeper in this... I am sorry george, how could I have possible forgotten to include you? 1000 apologies.

gulfbum, like I said, there are LOTS of us in the area, and I apologize to anyone else I may have inadvertently left off in my sleepy stupor this morning when I posted.

might be a good time to bring up the idea of a regional list again.

fish

Gulfbum
08-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey, this sounds great to have so many Donzi owners so close by. It is good to have a caravan to some of the get togethers that are farther away as you never know when you might need some help on the road. I hope to get to meet all of you sometime at an event. I would like to try to make it to the November Palatka one. I just need to get busy with the work so I won't be embarrassed for you all to see my boat. It has been sitting for a while and it needs a real cleaning job done to it. Between oxidation and getting the mold off all the interior it is going to be a job. I sure do thank you all for responding to my question. It really sounds like a bunch of nice and friendly people here and that is great in this world today with everyone in a hurry to get nowhere....lol. Thanks again to everyone and I look forward to meeting you all sometime.:wavey:

Scott Heidt
08-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Hey Gulfbum!

Welcome to the registry. I really hope you can make it to the Hometown Rally in Sarasota. It is a can't miss event! :) Hope to get a chance to met you. Post a pic of your boat when you can.

This is a great group of guys and gals! You'll be a SEADOG in no Time!

Scott

Scott Heidt
08-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey Gulfbum!

Welcome to the registry. I really hope you can make it to the Hometown Rally in Sarasota. It is a can't miss event! :) Hope to get a chance to met you. Post a pic of your boat when you can.

This is a great group of guys and gals! You'll be a SEADOG in no Time!

Scott

Last Tango
08-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Gulfbum,
Welcome to the SEADOGS! We have a ton of great events year 'round. The Lower Alabama event is a SEADOG event as well (Labor Day Weekend) and is the Original Donzi event. It is probably possible to still get a room.
Then the first weekend in October we have the Donzi Owners Hometown Gathering in Sarasota. It is one of the largest events of the year as Donzi owners bring their boats from all over the country to be "HOME" at the Donzi factory. Still plenty of time to get in there.
Palatka is a favored location for the SEADOGs as the Werl Famus Porkey's Landing is always a treat during the weekend as it is the official original home of the SEADOG's.
In January we gather in My-YAM-uh at the Southern Headquarters of the SEADOG's, MadPoodle's home,
for the Miami boat show week and offshore runs.
Every March we go just up the street from you to Mt. Dora for the annual Classic Wooden Boat Show.
And the Tampa Bay Boys are on the calendar darn near every weekend for something or other in the Bay area.
Fresh water, salt water, creeks, lakes, rivers, bays, and ocean. We do it all. And the Lake Lanier Donzi Owners just north of Atlanta host at least two events per year.
Oh, and everybody's favorite, the Midwest Donzi Owners host the largest nation-wide Donzi event of the year at Lake Cumberland, Kentucky each late Spring - known as AOTH (Awakening of the Horses) draws over 40 Donzi's and bunches of hangers on-ers.
Make lots of room on your calendar for Donzi boating!